11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: The Blazers' New Coach

Johnny Davis, anyone?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Re: The Blazers' New Coach

Link to story on his firing: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2015188

Ugh. He's flopped in two jobs, and bringing him in to coach the Blazers would be 99% PR and 1% basketball.

He's still young enough that he might turn into a good head coach, but I don't think he needs to go through more growing pains as the coach of the Blazers.

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts

ABM said:
Johnny Davis, anyone?

the only thing he has going for him is that he's a former trail blazer...and not one who was here very long at that. 2 years.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I hear ya. It would PR all the way. ;)

Perhaps, as an assistant, then?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts

Hey, why not? The Blazers aren't going anywhere for a while, and he'd probably come cheap.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

Hap said:
the only thing he has going for him is that he's a former trail blazer...and not one who was here very long at that. 2 years.
But.....part of the Championship team!!!

Point well taken, though, it would be a PR move. Personally, I'd love to see more of the many former Blazers in coaching - here in Portland (Davis, Twardzik, Porter, Kersey, Hollins, etc.).

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

MAS RipCity said:
Why :whoknows: ?
Because of my narcissistic tendencies, I revel in incessantly posting silly drivel for people to ruminate upon? :whoknows: ;)

·
Registered
10,412 Posts

He'd be a great assistant.....But right now, not a head coach IMO

·
Registered
373 Posts

99% PR and 1% basketball
That sounds about right for the Blazers lately.

Really, I think the bigger impact is that it creates more competition for the quality coaching candidates out there....I believe E. Muss was an assistant there, so they could look to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts