Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
"The Mavericks agreed to a contract in principle with coach Avery Johnson on Monday, according to his agent, Scott Boatman. Boatman and Mavs owner Mark Cuban met Monday morning, and approved the major components of the deal. Boatman or Cuban declined discussing terms, though league sources place the contract at four years and worth around $10 million." Fort Worth Star-Telegram

"The contract has yet to be finalized, and it likely won't be signed until after the Mavs are through with the playoffs. The regular season ends April 20. Johnson took over as head coach March 19 after the surprise resignation of Don Nelson. The Mavs are 7-2 under Johnson, who returned to the team last summer in a player/coach capacity and as Nelson's heir apparent." Fort Worth Star-Telegram
This from today, the below from yesterday
:whoknows:

"Not wanting a distraction with the playoffs looming, Mavs owner Mark Cuban said Sunday that Avery Johnson's contract won't be finalized until after the playoffs. Johnson has been working under the $1.1 million deal he signed as a player last summer. "I don't want him thinking about anything else right now," Cuban said. "He needs to be concentrating on what we're doing." Fort Worth Star-Telegram

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Good news for all Mavs fans, I think he is a good coach for dallas!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm thrilled to see that the Mavs didn't wait on this. Finally, some stability to where we know who's going to be leading this team. I think in the long-term AJ will bring some stability to the team. Not a bunch of crazy trades and wacky mismatches. The era of conventional basketball in Dallas is finally here.

·
Registered
391 Posts
So with this deal he is getting 2.5 million a year, I could have sworn by earlier reports he was going to get about half that, as rookie coaches don't get that much. Ohh well I suppose Cubes has the money to do it, so hopefully he can produce the goods for us, which I'm sure he will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts