Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jonathan Bender Interview (InsideHoops.com) (1-20-04).
http://insidehoops.com/bender-interview-012004.shtml

InsideHoops.com: Talk about getting healthy. You're back.

Jon Bender: It's good to be back on the floor. The biggest thing is just getting back and adjusted. As far as all the plays and stuff, I'm cool on the court. As far as out there playing, it doesn't take long for me to get out there and get comfortable. Every game is starting to bring another part of my game out, as far as putting it on the floor and shooting, just getting comfortable out there. It's good to be back.

InsideHoops.com: If you have to call yourself one position, can you do it?

Jon Bender: Naw, I can't really. I work on every part of the game, really. I can handle the ball real good, post up, all of it. A lot of stuff that this team and a lot of people haven't seen from me, so that's what keeps them guessing. They don't know if I'm a two, three, four or what.

InsideHoops.com: As for the team in general, talk about some of the major changes from last year to this year.

Jon Bender: More free. It's a little slower, he (coach Carlisle) wants us to slow the ball up a little bit more, and just go through the plays, and that's good, too. This year everybody's taking shots. No one person can... this person shoots while this person doesn't shoot, everybody's pretty much out there playing their game.

Jonathan Bender:

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Its great to have him back. Hes such a versatile player that I realy hope that he can get into the system and make an impact for us this year. I dont expect him to have any sort of break out season until next year though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts