Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did you guys put Adam Morrison in this years mock draft....From all that I have heard he is staying....

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Morrison has given hints that he will consider the NBA Draft this year if it's a true option for him. It clearly is. He might improve his defense next season, but he will get better faster in the league. As for the skill that's going to make him a lotto pick, his ability to create his own shot, that's not going to get any better with an extra year. If he can get into the lotto, which I believe he will, he ought to head out now.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping he stays......According to one of his teammates he will....

But he definitely is a sought after prospect right now, and thats alot of money to be turning down....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah, he wasn't a guarenteed top 10 pick this year and made the smart choice to stay. He'll slide no farther than 10 next year, and has the potential to be a top 5 pick.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
great day for zags hoops as morrison announced he'll be back for another year.i actually think he would have been a lock as a top 10 pick, teams like portland/lakers/pacers all would've jumped all over this kid. i noticed as soon as he made his intentions known he was put in the 2006 mock of draftcity(they're good) as the #2 overall pick. pretty good for a skinny white kid from spokane wash., who dick vitale has never heard of. go bulldogs.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Interesting decision. If I were Morrison, I would have stayed in and at least explored where I could get drafted. He could have easily gone top 10 this year, in my opinion. But hey, it just means the Zags will be back near the top next season. That freshman is coming in to partially offset the loss of Turiaf, and everybody else is back. They look like a top 10 team for sure, maybe even higher.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That freshman is coming in to partially offset the loss of Turiaf, and everybody else is back.
If your talking about Heytvelt the redshirt.....He could have gone anywhere in the country....

here is a good link on just how sought after this guy was.....

And supposedly he has been putting a lot of work in the weight room....His 3 point shot is one of the best I've seen from a guy who is 6'11"

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I remember listening to that interview and thinking that he'd probably drag the team's GPA down a full point. :)

Nah, he should be pretty decent in college. His shot is indeed very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts