Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think we could have got better but im a pacer fan and think he fits in well because he is a crowd pleaser probaly the best dunker in the draft i no that dosnt say much but if we picked q woods he prob wouldnt want to stay because he would get no playing time fred jones will prob attract more fans and get the crowd quiet or load ( away or home )

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can't say he was taken 10 spots too high because the Pacers ultimately were looking to get him and their second round pick wouldn't of cut it. They maybe should of tested the idea of trading for a lower pick, but they did not want to take their chances and lose him to another team.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>spartansfan223</b>!
You can't say he was taken 10 spots too high because the Pacers ultimately were looking to get him and their second round pick wouldn't of cut it. They maybe should of tested the idea of trading for a lower pick, but they did not want to take their chances and lose him to another team.
Yes you can say that he was taken 10 spots too high because he was. The Pacers could have traded down if they wanted to but they didn't. No one else was going to take him that high. I would have taken my chances. He was definately picked too high even tho the Pacers wanted him. If the Pacers had the #1 pick and they only wanted Jones, they wouldn't pick him #1, they would trade down. What probably happened is that they didnt think it was worth the effort to trade down so they just picked him.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Or maybe the Pacers had Freddie Jones as their best player still left of the board. Maybe Freddie should them something nobody else did in a workout or something. On paper it does look like a reach but he works out nobody will be saying anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How many of you have seen him play enough to make an accurate assumption of where he should be taken. All of you probably saw that he was predicted as a late first rounder on all of the mock drafts so you just agreed with them. This kid was a high school all-american and has now finally lived up to half of his potential. He is more athletic than 95% of the players in the league plays very good defense on and off the ball and has a much better outside game than anyone gives him credit for. Plus he is an amazing dunker who will finally bring some flare to the pacers. As for being taken too high I agree but not 10 spots too high maybe 3-6. You want to talk about someone being taken 10 spots to high then talk about Jaun Dixon, I love his heart and his game but does not have the tools to be great, never count him out though.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Wshington was going to take Fred Jones at 17. Tey couldn't move down ore than one spot because Philly was already doing a deal with Golden State. Moving down one spot is not worth the trouble. They wanted the guy, they got him. I personally think he will be a bust.

Fred Jones = Jeff Trapagnier

·
Registered
37 Posts
QUOTE:Fred Jones = Jeff Trapagnier

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You just said that because thats who nbadraft.net compares him too. As far as athletic ability they are comparable but as for basketball players the only thing they both have is good defense. Come on how can you seriously compare these two. If I had to pick a comparison to Freddie it would probably be along the lines of Devean George because they are both very strong gaurds who finish well around the hoop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts