Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Edney was a better ball handler, but Farmar is the better passer and shooter.

I really like Farmar. He has excellent natural PG abilities - passing and ball handling. That said, he needs to master the mental aspect and use those abilities to his best advantage. He tries to hit the perfect play too much, making him turnover prone. His shooting can be somewhat inconsistent, but he has good elevation and nice form, so as his shot selection improves, there is no reason that his percentages won't go up as well.

I see him as a better version of Luke Ridnour.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
dannyM said:
I don't know if he's the shooter Bibby was in college..

How about a poor man's Jason Kidd? Is that too much?
Lets just compare him to every half black point guard in the league...

Reactions: mysterio

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
ralaw said:
My comparison had nothing to do with him being mulatto. his game just reminds me of a young Mike Bibby.
I hear you on the Bibby comparison. He's a little quicker, but not as good as shooter as Bibby is. I really like watching Farmar play. I'd like to see him turn down those turnovers though...

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
WhoDaBest23 said:
I hear you on the Bibby comparison. He's a little quicker, but not as good as shooter as Bibby is. I really like watching Farmar play. I'd like to see him turn down those turnovers though...
I'll tell you, half of those TOs were Bozo and Hollins losing the ball... Also weird statisticians... There was one game where a guy sitting next to me was scoring it pretty well and had Farmar down for 2 TOs and Bozeman for 7, but the official count was Farmar for 5 and Bozeman for 1... There's little logic behind some of the official stats sometimes.

He does pick up too many TOs off of offensive fouls though... He's not a good actor and when someone leans in on his off hand and acts like he's pushing off, Farmar doesn't slide off... Next year, Mata is the only guy with hands of steel, and he's improving... And having Shipp back as an outlet man will cut down many of his beneath the basket TOs... And Farmar does play, particularly his pick and pops, like Bibby. Although Farmar is more athletic and more controlled.

About Tyus though, Collison moves a bit like him.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
Farmar is not the player Bibby is (at the same stage). Not even close. Farmar's quickness was hard to evaluate this year, because he played on two really bad ankle sprains all year.

Hopefully, next season he will look more explosive.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I don't think they are the same type of players, but I do believe they are similar in that they are much better college players than they will be pros. Both were key players to the success of their college team, but won't be anything of note in the league. I think Farmar will be beter than Edney was in the NBA, but he'll only be a backup IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.