Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The kid has always impressed me. If he were to declare this season where do you think he would end up going?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think he'd go undrafted.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
tha supes said:
I think he'd go undrafted.
You can't be serious. Farmar's one of the best PGs in the country. He's a gamer, at worst he'd be a 2nd rounder in this 'weak' draft. I'd like to see him stay at UCLA one more year though.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
Undrafted Farmar? This kid has talent, but his ankles have been beat up all year. I think he has the most potential to rise up the charts next year as a PG, but the PG class for 2007 draft is just brutal.

1. Kyle Lowry, Villanova
2. Ronald Steele, Alabama
3. Jordan Farmar, UCLA
4. Sean Singletary, Virginia (he's really good)
5. Dominic James, Marquette

·
Registered
355 Posts
No way he goes undrafted. I'd say late first round, early second at the latest.

I'm kind of skeptical about how good he will be in the NBA. I'm thinking a solid backup point gaurd. I can't say that I've seen more than a few of his games, but from what I've seen he only seems like an average athlete, and I havn't seen anything from to indicate that he's anything special in terms of court vision and "pure point gaurd" skills.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I heard he was Spanish. Farmar doesn't sound too Spanish though...doesn't really sound like too much of anything. But who knows, it could come from his moms side.

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
NOODLESTYLE said:
Like Puerto Rican? well anyways remember Hispanics are just made up of black/white/asian, and isn't a race of their own.
lol Hispanics are part asian? That's news to me.

Farmar is going to be a very good NBA PG. He's a gamer, and he could play defense.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Farmar would not crack the Top 20. Good college player, but just has nothing that stands out to make a him a high pick or a good NBA player. He's a poor mans Earl Watson.

He's small(combo of height and bulk), he's only an average athlete, decent quickness, has a very inconsistent J, good vision and passing ability, is average defensively(just cuz UCLA played good D does not mean everyone did; Farmar is nothing special on defense), and is tough.

He might make a solid backup point, but thats about it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Too bad there isn't one thing he does on the court that gives any validity to that claim.

For the record, I like Afflalo and Mbah a Moute a lot. So my dislike for Farmar has nothing to do with where he goes to school. It has everything to do with him doing nothing that projects as an NBA standout at the next level.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
Why do you like Affalo? The only thing Affalo will be is a Greg Buckner defensive PG, because his jumpshot has a hitch in it that makes him shoot it on the way down and he doesn't possess outstanding skills off the bounce.

How can someone like Affalo more than Farmar is beyond me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.