Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
LMAO... Kobe doesn't compare to MJ! Kobe isnt even the best player in the league I'de take 5 or 6 guys before I took Kobe:

Shaq
McGrady
Iverson
Kidd
Carter
Duncan

LOL KOBE BETTER THAN MJ!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by hunterb14
nobody will ever take over MJ's throne. EVER
You can't predict the future. Odds are that one day, sometime, there will be a better and more successful player than MJ

·
Registered
924 Posts
How Bout???

Jordan to the Lakers??? He would become the 3rd option for the defending champions. He could get about 14-17ppg for the Lakers. He would reunite with Phil and join a team with his friend Kobe. Talk about a three-headed beast , Shaq-Kobe-Michael=Championship. They could trade Kareem Rush for MJ. They don't really need Rush since he is a 2 guard and they have a certain player named Kobe at his position. They also have Shaw, George who can play the 2.

C-Shaquille O'Neal/Mark Madsen/Stanislav Medvadenko
PF-Samaki Walker/Robert Horry
SF-Michael Jordan/Rick Fox
SG-Kobe Bryant/Devean George
PG-Derek Fisher/Brian Shaw/Jannero Pargo

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
KOBE BETTER THAN MJ???

Kobe will never be better than MJ & Kobe doesn't want to be like MJ either, he has stated over and over, that he wants to be the best he can for himslef, It's not his fault at all that all these experts, sports writers and the media would make those comparisons, he never once stated " I wanna be like Mike " He studied MJ throughout his childhood, and as a true athlete, you want to learn from the best, MJ himself has provided nice compliments and praises to Kobe's NBA growth. Besides Kobe is the only player of today being compared to the great MJ.

Back to the subject....
I have'nt heard anything about MJ to the Kings???
Man......If that happens.........ohh boy!!!
The Kings have targeted - K.Clark & Donyell Marshall...
and might be even close to an agreement with one of them?
They're gonna bring every goods against the Champs...
:D ;) :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
No way MJ is going to the Kings. He is going to play with the Wiz next season in a backup role and then hang it up. I hope to see him play against the Hornets next season, so I hope he does not hang it up sooner.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
LMAO... Kobe doesn't compare to MJ! Kobe isnt even the best player in the league I'de take 5 or 6 guys before I took Kobe:

Shaq
McGrady
Iverson
Kidd
Carter
Duncan

LOL KOBE BETTER THAN MJ!
Ha! You have Carter over Kobe!:laugh: You think people will give a damn what you think when you have Vince Carter over Kobe Bryant!:laugh:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Let me explain this delicately...

MJ didn't just pick the Wizards out of a hat; last time I checked...

HE IS AN OWNER OF THE TEAM

·
Registered
924 Posts
Last time I checked I believe he was partial owner of the team. And before he came back he sold that portion. You can't own and play on a team at the same time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The fact thet Jordan "is not now a part-owner" is a mere formality.
Why do you think he is playing for a lousy 1 ml. per yr?, screwing up his knees and risking divorce?
HE IS RAISING THE VALUE OF HIS INVESTMENT. <strike>Stop thinking
like a child - or are you?</strike> That was unnecessary - DP

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Shaqs big toe

You can't predict the future. Odds are that one day, sometime, there will be a better and more successful player than MJ
This will never happen. In simple terms, Michael Jordan singlehandedly brought the nba to where it is today. He is quite possibly the most recognized athlete on the planet. He alone probably tripled the nba's value during his playing career. No basketball player will ever be as successful as Micheal Jordan. Now on the court is a different story... I dont think Kobe will, although hes the closest of the current crop of great young 2 guards. Even equaling his feats on the court will be very difficult, if he had not missed several years because of retirement he might be the best scorer of all time, and still is on average, i think.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Kobe Dunking over Vince and A.I.

To: Hawk23

Kobe is better that Vince & Thug life - Iverson....
Vince - due to injuries and all, he's also shown some inconsistency
A.I. - Handcuffed and all, wasn't nowhere to be found last year - inconsistent......

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Its possible that one day a player could have more success than MJ, you could even make a case that MJ isn't the best player of all time as it is. As for me, I'm still an Air fan at heart, and I still believe hes the best ever.

But Kobe, is not who i would pick to take his place.

1 - Because he draws aLOT of negative attention, hes cocky, he gets in fights, and he always has an arrogant attitude. Sometimes hes a cool guy, but not to his opponents

2 - Becuase he tries way too hard to impress people, when he should be trying to win. I'm not saying he is a bad player at all, I think he is one of the best. But before I will ever respect Kobe Bryant, he has to quit the show, and start to play.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
He gets into fights?

He's gotten into one. And it's not like the guy he got in the fight with wasn't asking for it. It was Reggie Miller, the biggest trash talker in the game.

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
Re: How Bout???

Originally posted by IMX
Jordan to the Lakers??? He would become the 3rd option for the defending champions. He could get about 14-17ppg for the Lakers. He would reunite with Phil and join a team with his friend Kobe. Talk about a three-headed beast , Shaq-Kobe-Michael=Championship. They could trade Kareem Rush for MJ. They don't really need Rush since he is a 2 guard and they have a certain player named Kobe at his position. They also have Shaw, George who can play the 2.

C-Shaquille O'Neal/Mark Madsen/Stanislav Medvadenko
PF-Samaki Walker/Robert Horry
SF-Michael Jordan/Rick Fox
SG-Kobe Bryant/Devean George
PG-Derek Fisher/Brian Shaw/Jannero Pargo
That would be so cool. I am a big laker fan and that trade might work beacuse rush is young and jordan has had some injuries. In the short term i would do it but in the long term i would not do it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
He gets into fights?

He's gotten into one. And it's not like the guy he got in the fight with wasn't asking for it. It was Reggie Miller, the biggest trash talker in the game.
What about the fist he got from Chris Childs?

Lol, even his teamates said he was a really bad trash talker

Remember on Mohr sports, Derek Fisher and Rick Fox??? That was hilarious
:laugh:

·
Registered
920 Posts
The problem with Kobe is that he thinks he is already the greatest ever. As of right now he is not as great as Reggie, Jordan or any of them. He is a young kid who should be great, but right now is not even the best in the league. Jordan was unquestionably the best in the league throughout his career.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Kobe - Image is first???

Kobe has 3 Rings at the age of 23, He's the only player to establish that at his age........
Wouldn't you feel GREAT!?!?

People say he's cocky, arrogant and he " thinks he's already great" He's still young and I'll admitt I see what you guys are saying.......but he know's he has all the reason to act that way.
He doesn't care, he's already accomplished what a lot of players won't........
LET EM KNOW KOBE!!!.........LET EM KNOW!! LOL!!! :D :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
Originally posted by mambo47
The fact thet Jordan "is not now a part-owner" is a mere formality.
Why do you think he is playing for a lousy 1 ml. per yr?, screwing up his knees and risking divorce?
HE IS RAISING THE VALUE OF HIS INVESTMENT. <strike>Stop thinking
like a child - or are you?</strike> That was unnecessary - DP

He is playing for a lousy 1mil. per year because that's the only way that the Wizards would let him out of his Ownership/GM job.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts