Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bulls v.s. Lakers, whos the best

If the old Bulls faced the Lakers today who would win?

I would have to say the bulls, 1 word Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by jwillbulls8
Bulls v.s. Lakers, whos the best

If the old Bulls faced the Lakers today who would win?

I would have to say the bulls, 1 word Mike
Agreed the Bulls would win because of the greatest player of all time(MJ)


Nobody could stop MJ + Pippen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,940 Posts
The Bulls would have won nine championships if Jordan hadn't skipped those two seasons, and if he and Pippen had stayed another year. Until the Lakers win a couple more, there is no comparison to be made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,527 Posts
you're giving them 3 titles that they didn't even win? 1 when the team wasn't even together? why doesn't free agency count for the bulls? why do we assume they win in '95, when they lost to orlando who got swept by houston, with jordan (before someone goes off here, jordan averaged 31.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg and 4.5 apg in the '95 playoffs, 30.7, 4.0 and 4.1 in '96 - yes, he was pretty good in '95)? fact is, they won 6 (which is pretty good). had jordan stayed, we don't know how things would have played out. he was burnt out as it was, so he may not have continued on through '98 like he ended up doing. maybe pippen bolts earlier if jordan never left, to see what it's like without his security blanket.

it's a good matchup, especially against the '01 lakers who dominated the postseason. jordan may be the best player on the court, but #'s 2 and 3 are shaq and kobe, and they're not too far behind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by kflo
. jordan may be the best player on the court, but #'s 2 and 3 are shaq and kobe, and they're not too far behind.
Kobe is now where near MJ when MJ was in his prime. Also Pippen in his prime would school Kobe.

The only position match up the Lakers would win would be the center position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
actually, even though i despise shaq, i think the lakers would win because nobody can stop him, NOBODY! i even hate to admit it, but its the way it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nobody can stop Shaq? well if I remember in the Bulls 4 title run they swept Shaq's Magic in semis that team also had Penny Hardaway who back then was awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Originally posted by jwillbulls8
Nobody can stop Shaq? well if I remember in the Bulls 4 title run they swept Shaq's Magic in semis that team also had Penny Hardaway who back then was awesome.
true, but he now has more experience and is the most dominant player in the league.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes but there isnt as much competition at center nowadays ZO Patrick Dream and the Admiral arent as nearly as what they were a few years ago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Yeah but Zo, Patrick, Dream and the Admiral werent on the Bulls! The question was who would win between the old Bulls team and the current Laker team and that Bulls team never had a very good center. Shaq would dominate and score a ton of points. However I can't imagine Rick Fox being able to guard Pippen in his prime and Jordan would win the matchup with Kobe so the bulls would probably win. It would probably depend on how many free-throws Shaq would be able to make, LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, I was saying that because twolvefan said he was dominant and I was saying 1 reason is because ther's no competition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
phil would be smart (as bulls coach). he would let shaq go off and get his 40-50 points, and shut down eveyone else on the team, shaq cant win the series by himself, maybe a game or two. i say bulls in 6, with the mvp going to shaq, because he sets record for scoring average in a series. he averages about 48 ppg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Phil was asked this very same question and his answer was that Lakers would have trouble with Bulls that had the first 3Peat but Lakers would be too tough for MJ's post baseball/retirement Bulls ( team that had 2nd 3Peat).
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by DP
Phil was asked this very same question and his answer was that Lakers would have trouble with Bulls that had the first 3Peat but Lakers would be too tough for MJ's post baseball/retirement Bulls ( team that had 2nd 3Peat).
Yeah, I heard that, it was on the Best Damn Sports Show Period. Shaq and Kobe would overpower the 2nd 3peat team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Originally posted by twolvefan11
actually, even though i despise shaq, i think the lakers would win because nobody can stop him, NOBODY! i even hate to admit it, but its the way it is.
You don't think that MJ and Pippen could draw a few fouls and make that big bugger work a bit? I think that the Bull would win, but the Lakers might push them to seven games
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,527 Posts
Originally posted by hunterb14


Kobe is now where near MJ when MJ was in his prime. Also Pippen in his prime would school Kobe.

The only position match up the Lakers would win would be the center position.
hey, you're entitled to your opinion. i think kobe would do ok. the guys a great player. he's a superior offensive force than pippen ever was. he'd get his.

let's face it. both teams top 2 guys are 75% of the equation. so saying la wins only 1 matchup doesn't say too much. it's basically shaq and kobe vs jordan and pippen, and the rest vs the rest. both matchups are pretty close. both teams were great defensively, and both were strong on the boards. it's a close matchup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by Crawscrew
phil would be smart (as bulls coach). he would let shaq go off and get his 40-50 points, and shut down eveyone else on the team, shaq cant win the series by himself, maybe a game or two. i say bulls in 6, with the mvp going to shaq, because he sets record for scoring average in a series. he averages about 48 ppg

Couldn't agree more.
Let Shaq get his points And shut Kobe down with Pippen


the X Factor in the series is NOT Shaq it is Jordan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,178 Posts
I think you are overestimating shaq. No way he would score 48 ppg. He didn't even do that against Todd Macculloch. Bulls in 5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,527 Posts
the bulls went 6 games in every finals except their first one. maybe all those teams were better than this laker team.

the lakers are good, and they match up pretty well. it would be a good series.
 

·
Beer Drinker!!!
Joined
·
8,247 Posts
Why r we comparing the Fakers to the BEST team of ALL-TIME?
I DONT care how dominant Shaq is,Jordan would cut him down to size,BOTTOM LINE!

The ONLY reason Phil said that the Fakers could beat the 2nd 3peat Bulls,is cuz he DIDNT want to look like a SELLOUT!:yes:

If Shaq and Kobe combined for 60pts,Jordan would score 60pts alone!Also,how the hell is Kobe gonna do a damn thing,when he will have Pippen aka the GREATEST Defender of ALL-TIME putting his A$$ on LOCKDOWN?!?!?!

If M.J. wouldnt have tried to play baseball,and the team would have stuck together,the Bulls would have WON 10 CHAMPIONSHIPS!Im INSULTED that this thread even exists!

Shaq and Kobe beating M.J.,:laugh::laugh::laugh: WHAT A JOKE!
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top