Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Josh Smith Interview (InsideHoops.com) (2-9-04).
http://insidehoops.com/hs-josh-smith-020904.shtml

InsideHoops.com: You committed to Indiana quite a while back.

Josh Smith: It was in July.

InsideHoops.com: What made you choose Indiana above all other schools?

Josh Smith: I just liked the coach. Mike Davis, we really clicked in the conversation we had. I felt that was the school to go to. Because he kept it real, he was real about it.

InsideHoops.com: There's talk of you skipping college to try to jump right to the NBA. You're thinking about that, right?

Josh Smith: Yeah, I've thought about it. But that's in the back of my mind right now. What's in my mind is us winning a championship, the national championship right now. And then whatever happens at the end of the season happens.

InsideHoops.com: If you had to name a percentage on how likely it is you'll jump right to the NBA, what would it be?

Josh Smith: Fifty percent.

InsideHoops.com: If you knew you were going mid first round in the draft, would you go? Would you only go if you were going lottery?

Josh Smith: Lottery, top five.

Josh Smith:

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I definetely think he is going to the NBA, although in my opinion he is not ready. He should take a couple of years in college, he just seems like an ok player now, nothing spectacular...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't think Josh Smith will immediately be a star, but I think he will eventually be one. He might be the most spectacular player we've seen yet. He's 6'8, can shoot the 3 with consistency, and has Carter esque hops. If his handle gets good, we will be looking at a perennial all star. He's already done a between the legs dunk in a high school game this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts