Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Kurt Rambis has been benching Love for no good reason, regardless of his great play. At the very least, things are not happy there. I would be surprised to see both guys still on the team by the end of the season.

Of course, if Minnesota's management has any brains at all (which they don't seem to), they would fire Rambis for this nonsense.
Well coaches and players clash all the time. I just don't see them trading Love, and even if they do, they will definitely want something good in return. Lets say they do trade him; it probably won't be to the Clippers, and if they were to trade Love to the Clippers, I'm sure they would want 1 or more of our young players rather than Kaman.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well coaches and players clash all the time. I just don't see them trading Love, and even if they do, they will definitely want something good in return. Lets say they do trade him; it probably won't be to the Clippers, and if they were to trade Love to the Clippers, I'm sure they would want 1 or more of our young players rather than Kaman.
Minnesota has inquired about Kaman before, so it's possible they may still be interested. If they traded away Love (which I agree would be absolutely stupid to do, but it's possible), they would have pretty much no one with any post game at all. With that said, it seems likely that they would trade Love for another post guy. Kaman + 1st rounder + anyone not named Griffin/Gordon/Bledsoe seems like it's giving up quite a bit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/20975/hawks-next-move-wolves-feeling-love

Outside of Blake Griffin (and occasionally Eric Gordon) this team is crap. Baron either doesn't care or just got too old to make a difference. And Kaman looks like he's regressing behind another good PF... again.

So with Josh Smith possibly being available, I think the clips could only get better by offering Baron and a 1st rounder.

Apparently there's a rumor that Kevin Love might be available as well (after getting benched), maybe something like Kaman + Minnesota's 1st for Love & filler could work out?

Either way, the clips need some major changes if they've got any hope of making the playoffs.
We do need to make some changes, and the spot we have to address first is the small forward position.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I'm not seeing how either of these are supposed to help the Clippers. Smith is a pure power forward who is a liability at any other position, and there's no way he's starting over Griffin.

Love is a rebounding role player who doesn't play defense and can't play the center position effectively on a contender. There isn't a place for either of these guys on this Clippers team.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm not seeing how either of these are supposed to help the Clippers. Smith is a pure power forward who is a liability at any other position, and there's no way he's starting over Griffin.

Love is a rebounding role player who doesn't play defense and can't play the center position effectively on a contender. There isn't a place for either of these guys on this Clippers team.
Uh... what? Josh Smith plays SF. He occasionally fills in at PF, but 90% of the time he's a SF, which is where he'd be on the clippers.

And calling Love a role player? He's putting up 21 pts and 15.6 rebounds a game! He also a 7 footer that shoots 3 pointers pretty well and 88% free throws!

I really don't think you've seen either of these guys play basketball. But either way, it doesn't matter now, it was just rumors that they were available, not anymore.

Iguodala is the guy the clippers should be aiming for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So word is that teams are making offers to Minnesota for Kevin Love. I think he'd be a good fit with the rest of the clippers and certainly cannot do worse than Kaman. And who knows, maybe Kaman will play better in his native habitat.

How about something like:

Kaman + Minnesota's 1st for Love + Brewer

We'd immediately move Love back to his natural position at center, and Brewer could try his hand at being a respectable SF. At the very least, he'd provide some defense on the wing.
This would be a good fit for us, but as for Minny why would they entertain this? Are they not happy with the guy?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This would be a good fit for us, but as for Minny why would they entertain this? Are they not happy with the guy?
Back when I started this thread, Rambis was benching Love for no good reason early into the season and there were rumblings that Love was very unhappy there. It seems like things have gotten better since then, so trading for Love is unlikely at this point.

Then again, Minnesota has made some dumbass trades before and totally mismanaged KG throughout his career. So it's not completely out of the question that Love could be had for the right price.

A 3-man rotation of Griffin-Love-Jordan would be ridiculous though.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts