Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will happen to him? Even though he has had his on and off court issues he still has the talent to provide some kick to any team in the league.

It all depends if anyone is willing to take on the challenge of just having him on the team. When he was still with Atlanta I used to just enjoy watching him play and score. That is a while back. Lately I haven't seen him play much but I still think he could come into the NBA with some team looking for help.

I think he would fit on these teams.

Cleveland - RD is gone, could use some kick
Miami - Backup for Jones?
Utah - Getting old, could this be a fit?
Nets - I jus want him to go there so K-Mart will smack him silly.
Knicks - They could use a miracle

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think Miami could use him. I think he said he wanted to play there before and he would be good off the bench.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
C'mon, guys, JR Rider is gone for good, he'll never play in the NBA ever again, no more second chances for that bum! Nobody wants him, not even for the league minimum! Why bother?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Like those other headcases (olden Polynice!) he is gone for good and it's good for the game.

He lead the Hawks in scoring and his team couldn't wait to get rid of him! How many times did you see a team just release the leading scorer without any effort to get someone in return?

It seems the only way he'll get back to the league is to buy a ticket.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Rider in Miami? Just think of the headlines between him and Riley. Not even the ever patient Phil Jackson could tolerate him what are the chances any other coaches are?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts