Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

July 17th: Let the trades begin........

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dmilesai 
#1 ·
There will be a flurry of moves starting tonight at midnight.
Here are some predictions:

Magic trades G/F Mike Miller to the Grizzlies for F Stromile Swift

Bulls trade F Eddie Robinson, G Jamal Crawford and F Marcus Fizer to the Sonics for F Rashard Lewis

Cavs trade G Andre Miller to the Clippers for F Lamar Odom and F Chris Wilcox

Sixers trade C Dikembe Mutombo to the Warriors for F Danny Fortson, F Chris Mills and C Eric Dampier

stay tuned......

#2 ·
Now your going on a limb on the warriors trade... come on....

Your saying the W's are going to get rid of Fortson one of the best in the whole league at rebounding.. but poor D.
Dampier a 6'11" good defender but sucks in offense and a player in mills whom if we keep till his contract expires next year gives us about 6-7 mil in cap room alone... please think about it more...

and all of these just for a guy like motombo whom is in his last legs... and don't even start adding snow or something.. please:mad:

#6 ·
BUCKS ARE INTERESTED IN M. OLWAKANDI. I HEARD HERE IN LOCAL SPORTS STATION THAT THE BUCKS AND CLIPPS WERE TALKIN ABOUT A POSSIBLE SIGN AND TRADE....E. JOHNSON, CASSEL, DOOLING, ELY, MAGGETTE WERE SOME OF THE NAMES MENTIONED STAY TUNED.....

#7 ·
Here's a list of players that I think will get traded.....

Stromile Swift
Eddie Robinson
Andre Miller
Danny Fortson
Mike Miller
Jamal Crawford
Marcus Fizer
Corey Maggette
Lamond Murray
Latrell Sprewell
Glenn Robinson

#10 ·
Ive been a loyal Warriors fan for over 20 years. After witnessing too many lows, the Warriors need to make some bold moves. The Warriors would benefit greatly from trading Mills, Fortson, and Damp. for Deke. Here is the breakdown of this rumored trade:

1. Most importantly: Deke's contract ends in 2 years.
2. Mill's contract ends in 2 years.
3. Fortson's contract does not end for another 4 years.
4. Damp's contract is another 3 years.
5. In 2 years we get the buying power of all three contracts combined. Not just Mills contract.

Yes Deke is at the end of his career, but is a much needed upgrade from Fortson and Damp. Mills is a veteran leader and I hate to lose him, but this is a business. One post stated that we get Mills's cap after his contract ends, but this way the Warriors get all three player's cap room in the same amount of time. We dont have to wait for Warriors to pull off crappy trades for Fortson and Damp. This money can be used to resign our rookies and/or go grap some free agents (T.Ratliff,K.Martin, D.Davis) who will be available in that time.

The rumored trade is Mills, Fortson, and Damp. for Mutumbo and D.Brown who is a throw in and does not take up much cap room.

The Warriors need to move Fortson before he becomes a headache and his trade value goes down. Damp. has no heart and I'm willing to wait til he visits the Wizard of OZ to get one. Again, I like Mills but we need his contract to make this work.

2002-2003 Warrior lineup:

Arenas/Logan
Richardson/Sura/Welcsh
Dunleavy/Welcsh/D.Brown
Jamison/Murphy
Mutumbo/Foyle

This lineup is balanced w/ Mutumbo added in the mix. Mutumbo can stick to what he is good at: blocking shots and grabbing boards. He's Damp. and Fortson in a 7 foot package. Mutumbo is in great shape and still has a few years left in him. Hopefully by that time Foyle will come into his own and take over that roll. :p

#12 ·
My bad your right. Just a little advice. Dont try to type a reply while at work. Even w/ the this update on Mills contract, I would still make this move, because the return on Fortson and Damp. would be better than keeping them and then trading them for a buster backup and a secound rounder. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. :p

#13 ·
:(

As a Sixers fan, if that trade happens, I hope Damone Brown isn't included. He's done good in summer league play. I'd much rather do the rumored Blazers/Sixers trade though, which in case you don't know yet, is Bonzi Wells(sign-and-trade) and Dale Davis for Mutumbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.