Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont watch many Utah games and I dont really hang out on this board, but I like Carlos Boozer and I wonder why he isnt considered one of the elite big men in the league. My first question is, say if a team already had a good PF around 6'11 do you think Boozer could play center? On NBA.com they list him as a F-C. What do you feel are his best assets? What are his main weaknesses that keep him from being one of the best big men in the NBA?

I just wanna know cause he looks like a good player from the numbers standpoint, injuries aside.

· Registered
3,669 Posts
LamarButler said:
I dont watch many Utah games and I dont really hang out on this board, but I like Carlos Boozer and I wonder why he isnt considered one of the elite big men in the league. My first question is, say if a team already had a good PF around 6'11 do you think Boozer could play center? On NBA.com they list him as a F-C. What do you feel are his best assets? What are his main weaknesses that keep him from being one of the best big men in the NBA?

I just wanna know cause he looks like a good player from the numbers standpoint, injuries aside.

your first questins "say if a team already had a good PF around 6'11 do you think Boozer could play center?"

Answer is yes, he plays the center for the jazz because of okur. He is averaging 25/12 since he began to start for the jazz team.

Your seconds question "What do you feel are his best assets? What are his main weaknesses that keep him from being one of the best big men in the NBA?"

His best assets are his points/rebounding/assists. (can get a block or steal now and then)
His weaknesses are defense/turnovers/and a injury last 2 seasons

I dont think his weakneses are keeping him from being one of the best big men, it's that he was injured for a year and not many people have seen him. Or forgot about him. If he can do what he is doing for a whole season, people would then see how good he is. But his defense can still improve.

· Registered
6,297 Posts
LamarButler said:

He could play center and often does.

Strengths: scoring and rebounds. Fair assists...the occasional steal.
Weaknesses: He's been "injured" for nigh on two seasons, and whether you believe he's actually been hurt all that time or just malingering is up to you. Not the most competitive spirit the Jazz have ever signed.

He's playing really well right now, though, and if he keeps it up over...say, the remainder of this season and next year as well, he could be thought of as a top big man in the League.

Laurie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.