Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Why would you want Okafor so much when you have Amare?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Because he is one of the top players in the country and WE needa nother big man.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Joe Johnson #2</b>!
Majegacldavlaeo
Who the hell is that?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PhatDaddy3100</b>!
Because he is one of the top players in the country and WE needa nother big man.
You dont need him bad enough to trade both of your picks for him.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, because if we have the 6th or 7th pick, who are we going to take? Pavel will be gone. And there will be no big man worth taking. And Okafor is a great player. And you dont pass on an oppurtunity to get a special player.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Okafor and Amare are too small to play against West front courts..

Duncan and Rasho both 7,0
Garnett and Olowakandi both 7'o or close
O´Neal and Malone

Even Camby and Nene are bigger, and the one of the big weakness of this Nugz team is Front Court...

Okafor is only a good option, if you can trade Amare for a All Star Center (O´Neal, O´Neal, Brad Miller + B Jacson)...

I think that Divac make a lot of sense for Phoenix in FA.

Pizzoni

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
[email protected]

Jermaine o'Neal is a center but Amare not?

Wh cares if Nene is bigger? Amare is much better and a lot tougher than that soft baby.

To mention Olowokandi? That guy isn't better than Jake Voshkul.

Amare defends Duncan well, I doubt Okafor would have trouble with Nesterovic or the other way around.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
In my opinion, getting Okafor would leave you with the same situation the Magic have right now. Drew Gooden and Juwan Howard are both very good players, but they are too similar to play together for extended periods of time. It would be the same with Okafor and Amare. I think both are natural NBA Pf's. The Suns need a center, a true center.

·
Registered
720 Posts
well, at least Okafor has a huge trade value. Its easier to get a good player by trading him than getting a good center drafting 2 so so players with 2 mid 1st rnd picks.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdg</b>!
In my opinion, getting Okafor would leave you with the same situation the Magic have right now. Drew Gooden and Juwan Howard are both very good players, but they are too similar to play together for extended periods of time. It would be the same with Okafor and Amare. I think both are natural NBA Pf's. The Suns need a center, a true center.
LOL

gooden and howard are both tweeners 3/4. Combined they aren't even half as valueable as Amare who can dominate around the basket and in the paint.

Camby isn't 6'9 that has to be a joke. He is taller than Nene you can easily see that. He is somewhere between 6'11 and 7'1.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Draft David Harrison out of Colorado. 7'0 250+ w/ a big temper problem (which in this case is a good thing because he likes to throw his weight around in the paint.) If a good coach (I think Ivaroni can do it) can harness his temper to help the team he could be very vital to this team. He is the perfect player to bring some extra toughness and low post scoring to the Suns. Check his NCAA stats if you doubt me.

Look at this lineup:

PG-Barbosa 6'3
SG-Johnson 6'8
SF-Marion 6'8
PF-Amare 6'10
C-Harrison 7'0 (one of the picks)

Bench
PG/SG-Vujanic 6'3
SG-Jacobsen 6'6
SF/PF-Lampe 6'11
SF/PF-Zarko 6'10
C-Voskuhl 6'11

Eisley and Jahidi at the end of the bench and then you still have one more draft pick.

I think if Phoenix is committed to making this lineup work, they could be very tough to beat especially if Johnson has finally arrived then this team is a playoff team no question a year from now. Johnson is just so versatile that this Suns team can be amazing or lackluster.

The next biggest thing to remember is that Barbosa, Zarko and Amare are going to keep getting better and playing in this type of system is only going to make them better. Next year the Suns will be scoring over 100 ppg. Book it.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Although Okafor is ready to play in the league, I don't like him starting next to Amare. One of them is out of position. I think the Suns should go for a true C in the draft. I would love to have Pavel (if healthy); there is also Perovic, Ha, Swift, Harrison, Araujo, etc.

If we don't get a top 3 to land one of the big 3 (Howard, Pavel, Okafor) then I would be content if they got a swingman and a big guy in the first round, i.e. Iguodala/Swift, Drejer/ Harrison, Davis/Vujacic.

Say the Suns didn't get a top 3 and picked (for example) Iguodala and Harrison w/ their 1st rounders. Here's their roster next year:

C: Voskuhl, Harrison
PF: Amare, Lampe
SF: Marion, Zarko
SG: JJ, Casey, Igoudala
PG: Barbosa, Milos, Eisley (if still there)

That right there is a solid team. There's lots of talent and versatility there. The way Joe is playing, I don't know if I want Kobe anymore :D

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
PG-Barbosa 6'3
SG-Johnson 6'8
SF-Marion 6'8
PF-Amare 6'10
C-Harrison 7'0 (one of the picks)

Bench
PG/SG-Vujanic 6'3
SG-Jacobsen 6'6
SF/PF-Lampe 6'11
SF/PF-Zarko 6'10
C-Voskuhl 6'11
I hate that bench.

You have possibly the most athletic starters in the league backed up by the least athletic bench.

I don't have enough confidence in Zarko and Lampe to say that they could be the backups.

Zarko had a few good games but that was only 3 or 4 he has to make a lot of improvements, I think he will need some time.

Lampe is only 18 he is 2 years away from really cracking the rotation I think.

Jacobsen played better now but I don't like him.

Vujanic is an unknown and I suspect he will struggle in his rookie season.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Nene is 6'11, Camby is taller you can notice that when they play.

I would say that Camby is about 7' 1/2

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
Nene is 6'11, Camby is taller you can notice that when they play.

I would say that Camby is about 7' 1/2
Nene isn't 6'11, he is 208 cm tall, 6'10 without shoes

1 - 20 of 24 Posts