Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Youngstown St 86 Cleveland State 82

Im really sorry that i opened my mouth and called CSU one of the better teams in the league. I was sadly mistaken and today we have reached a new low in the history of CSU basketball. The bottom line is were just not good. Were for the most part horrible. The only reason we stayed in this game was beacuse of the shooting of Percell Coles. Im 19 and i can see whats wrong with this team. I just hope the coaching staff realizes it sometime soon to. We dont play defense well. YSU shot 68% from the field in the first half. Thats horrible DEFENDING! YSU was what 3-10 going into the game. Now CSU is 4-11. Just circleing the drain with no daylight in sight. A bad bad loss one that probably ruins there season. Sorry Vikings fans but this is still the same team we have seen over the past few years. Here we come 20+ loss season.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Don't give up

I know things seem bleak right now, but don't give up on Cleveland State. I think they've got what it takes to be big in this league, but you have to remember that this is a rebuilding year for them. Transition years are tougher for rebuilding teams, and it usually doesn't take a year to see a lot of progress. Just stick with them, they may have a 20-loss season, but so did Green Bay last season, and look at where they are now. They just need some confidence with a good win to get back into it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Although it was a tough loss for CSU, YSU played out of their gourds! They (YSU) doesn't have any real "players" with the exception of maybe Underwood IMO, but the whole YSU team came to play on Sat. and did a nice job of playing for 40 minutes and pulling out a "W" My hats are off to the Penguins - good job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts