Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now the nets are playing on all cylinders. I've never seen a game with so many players playing in the zone together for such a long time. The starters, bench all had a very good game to prolong this nine game winning streak. In those past nine wins the nets have been playing playoff basketball. Some teams were not ready for it, while teams like the pistons realized in the second qtr what the nets were doing and matched their intensity.

This winning streak is possible because of the nets playing not only to their capibility, but because they are playing nets basketball. Nets basketball is scrappy defense which opens up the fast break and sets the tone for the game. Vince has been in the zone for the past 10 games or so on both offense and defense.

Assuming no major injuries prior to the playoffs I see no reason why the nets can't win out. 13 games left and this team is peaking! There is no team in the nba right now the nets should fear playing the way they are playing. I say the nets go after 54 wins!

oh yeah, go nets!!

· Registered
8,959 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
won't happen, but its a nice thought.
that is exactly what everybody said when somebody said we're goin to beat both detroit and phoenix back to back

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NetsanityJoe said:
won't happen, but its a nice thought.

thats what the pundants would say if you told them the nets win by more than 30 over the suns.

thats also what the experts would say if you told them in advance the nets beat the mavs, pistons , and suns all in one week.

If the nets keep playing like they are now, they can easily win out. NObody can beat them when they play NETS basketball...

· Registered
1,224 Posts
nets1 said:
thats also what the experts would say if you told them in advance the nets beat the mavs, pistons , and suns all in one week.

If the nets keep playing like they are now, they can easily win out. NObody can beat them when they play NETS basketball...

Just look at the teams that they've beaten lately, that's just plain nasty. Those teams had no idea what hit them.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I haven't checked the schedule but they do have 13 games left. Now after beating the mavs, pistons on the road, wolves on the road, and now the suns who is left on the schedule to beat the hottest team in the nba?

I'm not sure but aren't most of the games remaining against sub 500 teams?

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3/29/06 Memphis WIN

3/31/06 @ Atlanta WIN

4/2/06 Miami WIN

4/4/06 Atlanta WIN

4/6/06 Charlotte WIN

4/8/06 Cleveland WIN ( THE NETS OWN THE CAVS )

4/9/06 @ Milwaukee WIN

4/11/06 @ Chicago WIN
4/12/06 Philadelphia WIN ( STATEMENT GAME TO THE 6ERS , SEE IF THEY EVEN BELONG IN PLAYOFFS

4/14/06 @ Boston WIN ( NETS OWN BOSTON HOME OR AWAY)

4/16/06 Boston WIN

4/18/06 @ Philadelphia WIN ( AND PHILA IS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS! )

4/19/06 New York WIN ( AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA.....)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.