26. Memphis Grizzlies
27. Golden St. Warriors

<b>Someone please tell me what is going on...</b>
28. Cleveland Cavaliers
29. Denver Nuggets

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Good list, but I disagree with you about a couple of the teams.

About your one man show list...Toronto is definitely not a one man show. They have Antonio Davis, Morris Peterson, Jerome Williams, Alvin Williams, and Keon Clark (if he stays) to go along with Vince Carter.

And I don't know how the Detroit Pistons are almost contenders to the throne. They aren't even close. The Lakers wiped them out in the two games that they played them in the regular season. I'd say that the Pistons are "almost almost" contenders to the throne.:yes: .

·
Registered
5,704 Posts

I don't understand. Does anyone notice that the Sixers were in the Finals two years ago, and they were still good last year(6th seed).

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by jvanbusk
<b>Almost there...</b>
6. Portland Trailblazers

Where have they improved? They were swept by the Lakers. They are no closer than last year and belong in the West rankings with Minn, Sea, Jazz, LAC, Rockets?. They are a "also ran" team that will fight for the last 3-4 spots and get soundly beat by one of the top 4 western teams in the first round.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
1 - LA Lakers
2 - Sacremento Kings
3 - San Antonio Spurs
4 - Dallas Mavericks
5 - New Jersey Nets
6 - Boston Celtics
7 - Toronto Raptors
8 - Minnesota Timberwolves
9 - Detroit Pistons
10 - Orlando Magic
11 - Indiana Pacers
12 - Milwaukee Bucks
13 - New Orleans Hornets
14 - Utah Jazz
15 - LA Clippers

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My responses to the questions:

<b>Good list, but I disagree with you about a couple of the teams.</b>

Thanks.

<b>About your one man show list...Toronto is definitely not a one man show. They have Antonio Davis, Morris Peterson, Jerome Williams, Alvin Williams, and Keon Clark (if he stays) to go along with Vince Carter.</b>

It's just a quick wit name that I thought off when Orlando and Toronto came to mind. Vince is a very important piece to the puzzle and the Raptors proved that when the couldn't score in the first round of the playoffs.

<b>And I don't know how the Detroit Pistons are almost contenders to the throne. They aren't even close. The Lakers wiped them out in the two games that they played them in the regular season. I'd say that the Pistons are "almost almost" contenders to the throne. </b>

They are a lot closer than you may think. One superstar player away (Tim Duncan, Rasheed Wallace). They can go after this player after the year is up. Anyways, don't be surprised if they are in the NBA finals. Adding Billups addressed one of their biggest weaknesses. Kenny Anderson tore them apart in the playoffs. That won't happen this year.

<b>I don't understand. Does anyone notice that the Sixers were in the Finals two years ago, and they were still good last year(6th seed).</b>

While all the teams are improving Philly is not. Mount Mutombo is getting older and Iverson's head needs to be checked. In any case, the offseason going ons may throw a wrinkle in Philly's chances at another trip to the Finals.

<b>Almost there...
6. Portland Trailblazers

Where have they improved? They were swept by the Lakers. They are no closer than last year and belong in the West rankings with Minn, Sea, Jazz, LAC, Rockets?. They are a "also ran" team that will fight for the last 3-4 spots and get soundly beat by one of the top 4 western teams in the first round.</b>

They won 49 games last year. The probably won't lose anything. If Bonzi decides to go somewhere else, they should get something back in a sign-and-trade. Minnesota will take some time to gel with Brandon's return and KG's words over the offseason. Seattle and Houston are not even close at this point, especially since Seattle is looking to trade Payton. Utah is getting old and they were only an 8 seed last year. Clippers are still green. They may make the playoffs this year, but I doubt they make it over the experienced Blazers.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by STING
1 - LA Lakers
2 - Sacremento Kings
3 - San Antonio Spurs
4 - Dallas Mavericks
5 - New Jersey Nets
6 - Boston Celtics
7 - Toronto Raptors
8 - Minnesota Timberwolves
9 - Detroit Pistons
10 - Orlando Magic
11 - Indiana Pacers
12 - Milwaukee Bucks
13 - New Orleans Hornets
14 - Utah Jazz
15 - LA Clippers
Nice list, but I think you've underrated the Trailblazers... Also, I think the Baker trade hurt the C's more than it helped them, but that's just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts