Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shaq, Kidd Lead List of All-Star Reserves

Joining Kidd on the East team will be Boston's Paul Pierce and New Orleans' Baron Davis and first-time All-Stars Ron Artest of Indiana, Michael Redd of Milwaukee, Kenyon Martin New Jersey and Jamaal Magloire of New Orleans.

First-timers Sam Cassell of Minnesota and Andrei Kirilenko of Utah join O'Neal, Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, Peja Stojakovic and Brad Miller of Sacramento and Seattle's Ray Allen on the West squad.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
No rookies, huh?

Looks good. Kidd was a lock. K-Mart deserves it. I see this honor making him an even better player as he reaches one milestone and looks up at the next one.

Frank and his staff did a good of setting the stage for RJ making it next year by starting the all-star buzz on him this season. RJ just needs to keep improving his game and consistency.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I would have went with Artest over RJ. But I agree that, along with his Team USA appearance, his development this year is making him a more visible star.

No rookies and no Steph. :)

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
How much do you guys think this will help KMart's contract leverage this offseason?

-Petey

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!
How much do you guys think this will help KMart's contract leverage this offseason?

-Petey
He wants the maximum... anyway..(I think)and after being an all star he will have another weapon to show to the nets..
but I'm convinced he is not a max contract player....

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MagnusPinus</b>!
but I'm convinced he is not a max contract player....
Nor am I.

-Petey

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

-Petey

That's the million-dollar question. :)

It definitely helps his cause.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
i think he will have to avoid embarresment on the court against the best...hopefully, someone will get out and run.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I'm sure Kidd will find him for a few points.

-Petey

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Good for the both of them. I wouldn't be surprised to see RJ there with them next year.

As far as kmart using this for leverage, he definitely can. I still don't think he deserves a max contract. Like I said before, thats for the duncans, garnetts, shaqs, kidds of the league. He isn't on that level yet.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
K-Mart shouldnt be in there
And you shouldnt be in here baiting.

If Kenyon shouldnt be in the AS Game, Lamar Odom shouldnt be in the NBA. Cry about it.:cry:

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Congrads NJ fans!
You have 2 players going into the AllStar game!When was the last time that u had 2 players in your team in the allstar?

Cant wait for the Lamar and Kenyon matchup tomorrow.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!

And you shouldnt be in here baiting.

If Kenyon shouldnt be in the AS Game, Lamar Odom shouldnt be in the NBA. Cry about it.:cry:
Lamar doesn't belong in the NBA? and kenyon is a perfect kid right? thats funny

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!

Lamar doesn't belong in the NBA? and kenyon is a perfect kid right? thats funny
I never said Lamar didnt belong in the NBA. Nor did I say Kenyon was the 'perfect kid'. Not sure where youre pulling this stuff from...:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>MiamiHeat03</b>!
Congrads NJ fans!
You have 2 players going into the AllStar game!When was the last time that u had 2 players in your team in the allstar?
1994 - DC and Kenny Anderson. Both started.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!

1994 - DC and Kenny Anderson. Both started.
Wasn't Drazen really good that year? I remember hearing a story that he was putting up good stats, but they were trying to push DC and Kenny as the starsof the team and got people to vote for them...don't know how true it is.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>ToddMacCulloch11</b>!

Wasn't Drazen really good that year? I remember hearing a story that he was putting up good stats, but they were trying to push DC and Kenny as the starsof the team and got people to vote for them...don't know how true it is.
That was the year after Drazen died. He averaged 22.3 PPG the year before.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Martin's a star; Marbury isn't

"Just knowing where I've come from, being injured my rookie year, winning 26 games, and then, three years later, I'm here," Martin said. "I didn't even dream about being in the NBA until my junior year of college, really. But once I got here, I learned hard work pays off. So I just kept working. A lot of guys play their whole careers without making an All-Star team, so to do it in four years is great."

From The Bergen Record:

"We'll try something," Martin said of the highlight-reel possibilities with Kidd. "I'm pretty sure."

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
i'm so mad that i won't get to watch the all-star game. :(

anyway, i'm extremely glad to here that k-mart was named as a reserve.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts