Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Going to put the original link in your post...Doesn't look like much of a discussion. Pekovic is more valuable than Gay with contracts considered, although it doesn't seem that Memphis would be a good spot for him unless they planned on moving Gasol.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
In a weird way, I think the Wolves might be better in the short term with Gay instead of Love. Is that a crazy thing to say? I feel like it is.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
In a weird way, I think the Wolves might be better in the short term with Gay instead of Love. Is that a crazy thing to say? I feel like it is.
Last year I would have argued, but they don't seem to play any better with Love in the lineup this year.

I may end up eating a lot of my pro Love words I said in the past.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New Title>>>>>>>>>>>>Old title. Great work guys lol.

I wouldn't trade either for Gay

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
The Wolves need to trade Love now before they're forced into taking two low firsts for him, but not for Rudy Gay. I still like the idea of something built around Ibaka.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
You're the biggest contrarian I've ever met (although we haven't actually).

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
The Wolves need to trade Love now before they're forced into taking two low firsts for him, but not for Rudy Gay. I still like the idea of something built around Ibaka.
Why would you trade Love at all??

And lol at the title of this thread.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Why would you trade Love at all??

And lol at the title of this thread.
Have you paid attention to any of his bitching over the last year and half? He's harboring a personal grudge against Kahn because he doesn't feel like he was treated properly during his contract negotiations. Love's the heir apparent to Carmelo, Chris Paul, and Dwight as the next guy to force a trade by refusing to re-sign with his current team. Minnesota should get a potential all-star for him now while they still can.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Have you paid attention to any of his bitching over the last year and half? He's harboring a personal grudge against Kahn because he doesn't feel like he was treated properly during his contract negotiations. Love's the heir apparent to Carmelo, Chris Paul, and Dwight as the next guy to force a trade by refusing to re-sign with his current team. Minnesota should get a potential all-star for him now while they still can.
I am well aware of the "bitching" that Love has done in the past, and I've already gave my 2 cents on it. This so called bitching that you guys are claiming he is doing is being blown completely out of proportion (it's kind of hilarious actually), and considering how many years Love has in his contract, it would be an idiotic move to trade him. Why?

1.) He's still an incredible player. He's having a horrible year (partially due to injuries but he just hasn't been the same), but he's still very young and is still learning, and already he has broken records such as Malone's double double streak.

2.) You're acting like Love is the only one making inappropriate comments here. His GM said that Love couldn't carry a team and that he wasn't a star. You're telling me he doesn't have a right to be pissed off at someone saying that about him?

3.) If AI and Larry Brown were able to put aside their differences, then so can Love and Kahn.

And above all of that, Love wants to be on a team that can make the playoffs. We have yet to see the fully healthy, same Love that we saw the past two years play with this newly loaded team, that has a lot of potential. They still haven't had Rubio around that often, and they are just getting hammered with injuries. But once the injuries are all settled, this team could definitely make the playoffs. And with the numbers Kevin Love puts up at his age, you definitely want him on your team.

Now this is assuming of course that Love can stop getting injured and get back to playing at the insane level he was playing at the last two seasons. All we can do is wait and see. But it is definitely way to early to trade him.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Who else read the thread title and knew Eh munro changed it?

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Sometimes people need to use common sense. Why would Memphis trade Gay for a backup PF? ~_~

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts