Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know ... it's only me.

BUT, why is it so hard for anyone but me to see that Kandi is ONE dimensional? Gentry in a previous game knew when to take him out of the game when he reverted to his "money game". Last night, as soon as he started calling for the ball on offense and the team CONTINUED to feed him, we lost our game and just could not get back in sync.

Kandi DOES not play defense and the only balls (rebounds) he get are the ones that fall into his hands. I have yet to see him aggressive on defense.

Soon, very soon, Andre will freeze him out and not feed the ball to him. He did that to players in Cleveland and as soon as he feels he is in a leadership position on this team (or he and Brand discuss it), they will NOT be feeding the ball to Kandi everytime. Since, apparently, this is out of Gentry's control!!!!!!

Why can't Kandi learn? I'm also a little, just a little, conerned about Keyon. At times, he appears to be selfish as well.

Whew ... I wanted to get that off my chest. :upset:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

I don't watch much of the Clips, so I can't really comment on your thread, except he is certainly improving his game, and should continue to do so.

The other thing I noticed, and I'm not trying to be funny, but what size shoe does Kandi wear???? Last night it looked like he had oversized clown shoes on or something. His feet/shoes looked out of proportion to the rest of his body. Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dynasty Raider</b>!

BUT, why is it so hard for anyone but me to see that Kandi is ONE dimensional? Gentry in a previous game knew when to take him out of the game when he reverted to his "money game". Last night, as soon as he started calling for the ball on offense and the team CONTINUED to feed him, we lost our game and just could not get back in sync.

Kandi DOES not play defense and the only balls (rebounds) he get are the ones that fall into his hands. I have yet to see him aggressive on defense.

Soon, very soon, Andre will freeze him out and not feed the ball to him. He did that to players in Cleveland and as soon as he feels he is in a leadership position on this team (or he and Brand discuss it), they will NOT be feeding the ball to Kandi everytime. Since, apparently, this is out of Gentry's control!!!!!!

Why can't Kandi learn? I'm also a little, just a little, conerned about Keyon. At times, he appears to be selfish as well.

I agree with you and have been saying this for a while, and thats why I'm glad he's gone after this season.
He sufacates everyone else's game, and when he misses that jump hook there is no one there for the rebound.

Keyon isn't playing selfish, many times this year guys are just standing around after Kandi (20% of the time) throws it out of the post and the shot clock is down to 5, Keyon has to create and get a shot up.
I have said for a while now that the clips just need a big rebounding center. Your 100% correct when you say that Kandi's rebounds are ones any big man would get.
I hope your right, Dre should stop feeding the Ball into him, his stats are decieving.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Kandi get the hell on!!!! You'd look better in any other jersey:wave:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dynasty Raider</b>!

Any interest in working out a deal with NY?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: ...

Originally posted by <b>Mongolmike</b>!

The other thing I noticed, and I'm not trying to be funny, but what size shoe does Kandi wear???? Last night it looked like he had oversized clown shoes on or something. His feet/shoes looked out of proportion to the rest of his body. Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that?
THAT is something I've been waiting for someone else to comment on because I thought it was just my vision or the style of shoes he wears.

BUT, his feet are HUGE and they turn up at the toes. So it does look like clown shoes. That profile as he lurks down court is hilarious.

STOP IT!!! We're being mean. :grinning:

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Kandi .....

Originally posted by <b>Peter Vescey</b>!

Any interest in working out a deal with NY?
For who? Thomas. I'd take him for Kandi. But, all the Clippers really need is someone like MacCullough (sp?). We have all of the offense we need. Elton needs some help.

We need a big guy that is agressive on defense and knows when he's the last/easiest option to score. NOT another offensive-minded Center.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Kandi .....

Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!

I hope your right, Dre should stop feeding the Ball into him, his stats are decieving.
It won't take long. Andre came here to WIN with a fun and exciting team and if Kandi is the problem he will let Gentry know. AND, that is something DTS wants to hear anyway.

If Wang can step it up and learn the system; Kandi will lose his starting job and come off the bench when needed ... IF he doesn't get it together NOW.

I have no doubt Andre will freeze him out and the other players will follow because they want to get the ball from Andre to score.

It's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
756 Posts
3some have a great stats!

Brand, Kandi and Miller have great stats. Don't trade any of them. The biggest issue is who is the best player of the Clippers. They are still the deepest team in the NBA.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Re: 3some have a great stats!

Originally posted by <b>FatDaddy</b>!
Brand, Kandi and Miller have great stats. Don't trade any of them. The biggest issue is who is the best player of the Clippers. They are still the deepest team in the NBA.
You just don't get it. Stats are decieving, Kandi's stats are decieving. end of story.
Do you even WATCH the games? Ifyou did you'd know what were talking about. You can't just read a stat line and say that a player had a great game.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: Re: 3some have a great stats!

Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!

You just don't get it. Stats are decieving, Kandi's stats are decieving. end of story.
Do you even WATCH the games? Ifyou did you'd know what were talking about. You can't just read a stat line and say that a player had a great game.
Thats a touch over the top isn't it? Last check everyone was entitled to their own opinion. Kandi won't have any trouble finding a paycheck next year. I for one think Spree's a cancer who nobody in their right mind would want, but you watch...somebody will take him too.

I thought you were a fair-minded type of guy, but I'm losing that opinion at lightspeed. This guy likes him. Is that so hard to live with? Chad Ford, bum that he is, manages to pick up a paycheck from ESPN (do you?) and he gets paid to write that he likes Kandi too.

When you start to believe your opinion is the only right opinion, to the point of belittling the posters, you're unlikely to encourage more Clip fans to come aboard.

You should be a leader of this board. Your and JMACs attitudes will likely be directly proportional to the amount of new posters you get...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts