Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Do you think Kareem Rush will start? How many minutes do you think he will average pl

• Yes he'll start, 20 minutes or less

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes he'll start, 20 minutes or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No he won't start, 20 minutes or less

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No he won't start, 20 minutes or more

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Kareem Rush will start? How many minutes do you think he will average playing?

Yes he'll start, 20 minutes or less
Yes he'll start, 20 minutes or more
No he won't start, 20 minutes or less
No he won't start, 20 minutes or more

·
Registered
283 Posts
I dont think phil will start him right away.He has to learn the triangle first and be comfortable with it and the players.

The big factor is hell be in a big shadow behind kobe unless kobe gets injured then hell get to play lots.

But as long as kobe is healthy kobe will be in the majority of the game.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but Phil wants to move Kobe to SF, so Rush could start at SG. That's why Kareem might start. I think that he should come off of the bench for a year or two before starting though.:yes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rush will have to

1. Learn the triangle -- veteran players with all of their experience all have difficulties with this offense, a rookie with three years of college experience will encounter the same difficulties

2. Defense -- any player playing for Phil Jackson must play outstanding defense, defending guards in the NBA is one of the tougher assignments.

3. Discipline -- this offense is not a run and gun, up and down college game. Discipline at both ends of the floor must be learned on the job

I am extremely happy that we have a draft pick with the outstanding skills and potential that Rush has, he will develop into an outstanding player for the Lakers but if you are expecting him to start and be effective immediately, I think that would be asking a great deal from a player with only three years college experience.

Rush will be a force in due time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts