Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A preseason guess figured the Bulls for 32 victories, both in honor of the dearly departed Eddie Robinson's uniform number and representing a generous nine-game improvement over 2003-04.

Do-overs shouldn't be allowed in prognostication. But in honor of perfect symmetry—as the NCAA's Sweet 16 games are being played, the Bulls have their own Sweet 16 games remaining—a revised prediction puts the Bulls at 45-37...

:raised_ey

he predicts a loss to the celtic friday. going 10-6 the rest of the way.

also:

April 8 at New York: The Bulls are due for one letdown against the Knicks, and this will be it. Jamal Crawford will pass the ball off the backboard to himself for a dunk and ask if he can get an offensive rebound along with the assist and basket. Record: L, 41-34.

lol, but, nuh uh...miz will be at msg that night so they will win and ultimately sweep the knick :wink:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...4bulls,1,7559926.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
If we end up 45-37, the Wiz will have to go 8-8 to fall into a tie with us. If we win our final match-up with them, we have the tiebreaker. They have 8 at home and 8 on the road. Here's their remaining schedule:

@ L.A. Clippers
@ Seattle
@ Portland
Atlanta
@ Orlando
Indiana
Boston
@Detroit
@Indiana
Philadelphia
Milwaukee
Chicago
Cleveland
Charlotte
@ New Jersey
@ New York

I don't know if there are 8 losses in there or not. I'm guessing we pass Cleveland, though, and it sure would be nice to have home court against the Wiz. While it's true that you have to win on the road in the playoffs because you are going to lose at home sometimes, there is one time that home court is huge- Game 7.

But KC has us losing at NY and at Washington, I just don't see us losing at NY. And if we don't win at Washington, they have the tiebreaker and home court anyway.

If we play at the same percentage as we have since the 0-9 start, we should win 10 more games (9.824561 actually).

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Hmmm...45-37...that's a 22 game improvement over last season's record (23-59).

That might be enough to earn John Paxson Exec of the Year and Scott Skiles Coach of the Year honors respectively.

And if Ben manages to capture Rookie of the Year or 6th Man honors (or both) this will truly have become a magical season for Chicago, no matter how they perform in the playoffs.

But regardless of who might garner any individual awards, what the Bulls organization has accomplished this season far exceeds what any Bulls fan with a realistic perspective had a right to hope for.

·
Beat The Heat
1,258 Posts
truebluefan said:
The astonishing thing about this turn around is that this team is so young. All is good in bulls land.
This is an amazing season for the Bulls. I keep telling all my friends that, they'll be in the play-offs this year. And as long as they're able to keep Curry and Chandler. They're chances for making it farther next year will be great. They have a great nucleus of players. They need a better perimeter shooter, but they play great as a team. And they know the key for the kind of team they have, to win is by playing great team defense. And young players usually don't buy into that philosophy.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Just the fact that we're talking about a possible 45 wins is astonishing. Before the season started, I thought I was being optimistic when I predicted 36 wins...they might just reach that tonight against Boston (this will be one hell of a game I think).

Btw, those were some funny knocks at E-Rob, Jamal, and Jalen by KC Johson...I wonder if he reads some of the hate on bbb.net? His inspiration surely comes from somewhere. :)

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
45 wins.

:cheers: :banana: :clap: :rock: :twave: :gbanana: :dpepper: :makeout: :jam: :cool: :kiss: :bsmile: :jump: :rock: :vbanana: :dogpile: :D :greatjob: :yes: :wbanana: :djparty: :jump: :2fing: :smile: :worship: :mob: :allhail: :gbanana:

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
The Bulls will also including KC's predictions will have 61 overall wins after counting the playoff wins. :banana:

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
March 25 at Boston: Any team that trades Gary Payton for Antoine Walker and then re-signs Payton after Atlanta waives him is due some bad karma. But it won't happen here. Paul Pierce typically hurts the Bulls, as he does many teams, and Ricky Davis quietly is becoming a disruptive force at both ends. Boston will win the season series 3-1 in a possible harbinger of a first-round playoff series. Record: L, 35-32.

wrong!

:rbanana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts