Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this point in the season, I think most Cavs fans have got to realize that the Ricky Davis trade was a good thing for the Clev team.... Eric Williams and Tony Battie have been the most obvious contributors, but Kedrick came as a defender firstly (and a scoring potential type).... but I tell you what, watching Kedrick play defense vs a very good Ray Allen last night was a thing of beauty. Kedrick moves laterally as well as anyone I've seen, and continually cut off Allen's cuts to the basket. Couple that with his height and hops.... if this kid would get more aggessive driving to the basket, he could really be a huge, huge positive for us. Watching Boozer gooble up boards was great, but seeing Kedrick stepup was almost as important towards the win in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I was wondering why he didn't play more minutes yesterday. He was fairly invisible in the second half.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Kedrick brown is one of the best defenders on the cavs team and if he doesn;t get anymore minutes than he is getting screwed by silas but i think silas is smarter than that.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mongolmike</b>!
At this point in the season, I think most Cavs fans have got to realize that the Ricky Davis trade was a good thing for the Clev team.... Eric Williams and Tony Battie have been the most obvious contributors, but Kedrick came as a defender firstly (and a scoring potential type).... but I tell you what, watching Kedrick play defense vs a very good Ray Allen last night was a thing of beauty. Kedrick moves laterally as well as anyone I've seen, and continually cut off Allen's cuts to the basket. Couple that with his height and hops.... if this kid would get more aggessive driving to the basket, he could really be a huge, huge positive for us. Watching Boozer gooble up boards was great, but seeing Kedrick stepup was almost as important towards the win in my opinion.
Totally agree, I have a lot of faith in Kedrick brown and i think he has loads of potential. With some good coaching, playing time, and boost in confidense i think hell be a great player. HE could be a lockdown defender, solid rebounder, finisher on the break, and may be able to score 12 ppg.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zuca</b>!
Now with Miles out, maybe he can play more minutes

i agree silas will give him more minutes now that miles is gone

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Kedrick

He is a great defender. He is a very good rebounder for his position. He is good shot blocker.

VERY ATHLETIC!!!

I do not know what happened to his shot though. Coming out of college he had good three point stats. Celtic fans thought he would at least translate that into a good mid range jumper. He had plenty of wide open looks when Paul and Walker were getting all the defensive attention. He had a very hard time hitting these wide open shots. He also was inconsitent and not aggresive enogh in driving to the hoop. His problems on offense make it hard to play him for long stretches even though his defense is great.

Perhaps with Miles goen he will get some more minutes. Perhaps Silas will be a better teacher for him. Or perhaps he will just fade away into a short career.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
He might be the best shooter on the Cavs right now as it is... aside from Kapono, who doesn't play much. Some games he can't hit, but other games he's great as a spot-up shooter and he's impressed me with his range.

He's not very aggressive but at least his shot selection is good. He's a very steady player. I like him. He makes some great defensive plays.

I'm still waiting to see a great LeBron-to-Kedrick alley-oop. I know he can get up there.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If Kedrick would attack the basket more often he would get alot more alley oop dunks. Instead he is too tentative.

I'm with you. I would love to start seeing Kedrick throw down some LeBron passes at the basket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts