Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but are on the last year of their contract, Battie making about 5.5 mil and Cato 8.5 million, but are pretty good on defense but Cato is a really good defensive player, big body and can block some shots

"If Mario Kasun can provide anything in the middle, expect the Magic to put Tony Battie and Kelvin Cato on the market, centers who will be attractive more for their expiring contracts than any potential impact." South Florida Sun-Sentinel

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
funkylikemonkey said:
but are on the last year of their contract, Battie making about 5.5 mil and Cato 8.5 million, but are pretty good on defense but Cato is a really good defensive player, big body and can block some shots
I prefer Mario Kasun. With him, Planinic and Krstic on the court together they could talk in Serbo-Croatian code.

All kidding aside, I think that if Collins leg isnt good by the end of this road trip, there will be a trade, but again, same question with Cato as there is with PJ Brown...how do you get to $8.5 million before December 15 without giving up Marc Jackson and someone else? And I wouldnt give up anything beyond a second round draft choice for either of them even if you could make the salaries work.

Time to see what LJ3 can do before you make crazy deals.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
I'd definetly would want Battie

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
think a first rounder is enough for Orlando? I don't want to give up one of our bigs to get him

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Oh Kelvin Cato, you have "**** the world" tatooed on your back you crazy, crazy man.

**** the world indeed Mr Cato, **** the world indeed.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
I would love Battie. He rebounds, block shots and plays D. Also really athletic. Let's not forget he has playoff experience. He made it to the ECF against us. Kato is a scrub.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
R-Star said:
Oh Kelvin Cato, you have "**** the world" tatooed on your back you crazy, crazy man.

**** the world indeed Mr Cato, **** the world indeed.

LOL. . :rotf: .... indeed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts