Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
Re: Kelvin Sampson to Indiana

This is a bad hire, because Sampson recruits JUCO's almost exclusively and always seems to choke come tournament time.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts

uh wow where the **** did that come from?

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,581 Posts

wasn't OU horribe before he got there?

i think there's potential there. problem is, look at who interested in IU right now (indiana.scout.com). if white, vaden, etc. transfer, and he doesn't reload super quick, the folks in bloomington will get quite aggrivated.

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts

It looks like someone in Indianapolis isn't happy:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060329/COLUMNISTS01/603290490/1004/SPORTS

The same Kelvin Sampson who, despite his run of 20-win seasons, is 11-12 in the NCAA Tournament, with eight losses to lower-seeded teams?

The same Kelvin Sampson whose telephone misdeeds, however minor, earned his school an April 21 hearing before the NCAA Infractions Committee? Call them insignificant, but Oklahoma saw them as major enough to impose penalties on its program, including freezing Sampson's salary.

The same Kelvin Sampson whose program's graduation rates remain among the lowest in the nation? In the past, Sampson correctly derided the way the NCAA computed graduation rates, but by the calculation of the NCAA's new math, his kids still aren't graduating.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think it is a great choice. He is a well respected coach and a proven winner. It says his teams are defensive minded and well prepared, sounds like what IU needs. Great hire by Greenspan. IU fans need to stop griping and give coach sampson a chance.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I never thought I would say this.....

Can we have Mike Davis back?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.