Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to RealGM and Spears, Kemp is eyeing a return to his former coach George Karl. The raptors GM is also sending out a scout to see Shawn Kemp. Supposedly he has dropped 55 pounds and is ready to go. I remember looking at him and knowing that guy had to have weighed 315 or 320. Supposedly he is down to 270. Which is still higher than his playing weight for the sonics, but lower than his weight for the Cavs. He is 35, and should be well rested. If he proves to be in shape Id like to see Denver offer him a two year deal worth 1.5 million a year (the injury exp.) because his second yr in the league (back) could be his best year. Assuming that by going to workouts and practices, and playing in games he loses even more weight. The nuggets have applied for the exception because of Nene's injury, so I have to assume its to take a look at Malone and Kemp.

BTW, if Kemp cant play ball and run floor, forget you read this. he is worthless unless he has lost the weight and is ready to play

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
nbanoitall said:
According to RealGM and Spears, Kemp is eyeing a return to his former coach George Karl. The raptors GM is also sending out a scout to see Shawn Kemp. Supposedly he has dropped 55 pounds and is ready to go. I remember looking at him and knowing that guy had to have weighed 315 or 320. Supposedly he is down to 270. Which is still higher than his playing weight for the sonics, but lower than his weight for the Cavs. He is 35, and should be well rested. If he proves to be in shape Id like to see Denver offer him a two year deal worth 1.5 million a year (the injury exp.) because his second yr in the league (back) could be his best year. Assuming that by going to workouts and practices, and playing in games he loses even more weight. The nuggets have applied for the exception because of Nene's injury, so I have to assume its to take a look at Malone and Kemp.

BTW, if Kemp cant play ball and run floor, forget you read this. he is worthless unless he has lost the weight and is ready to play
I didnt hear about this. Shawn Kemp is going to make another comeback? That would be kind of cool for nostalgic reasons to me, but I really don't see him making much of an impact of the Nuggets. So I hope Denver passes him right by.

However there is another rumor going that Najera is going to be traded for Ruben Patterson. I really really hope this doesn't happen either.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've heard the Kemp stories for the past week, and it would be worth checking him out. If he could even be about 80% of what he used to be, he'd be a solid low post player to backup Camby/Martin. We need another post palyer now, and he'd fit the bill.

As far as Najera/Patterson, Patterson woudl be a nice addition, but I don't want to see Eddie Energy go.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Kemp would be very interesting indeed.

But isn't Klieza, Elson, and Najera better options? Maybe not if Kemp can shoot and play in the post, but at 35 he'd be more of a liability imo than an asset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts