Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Espn just announced that the P{ortland trailblazers are going to waive kemp and have worked out a buyout with him. If he has not relapsed into drugs, he would be a perfect fit for the lakers. He can play the canter spot when shaqs and bang against the tough pw in the west. I saw kemp in a pickup game/ workout at the rockets training center in july, which shows he is working out, but I must admit he was huge. I don't think the lakers could go wrong signing kemp to a one year veterans minimum. Kemp would sign for this amount because he is still getting paid in his buyout deal. I think he would be a good counter move to the keon Clark move by our friends in the fake capital of California.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shaqdaddy</b>!
Espn just announced that the P{ortland trailblazers are going to waive kemp and have worked out a buyout with him. If he has not relapsed into drugs, he would be a perfect fit for the lakers. He can play the canter spot when shaqs and bang against the tough pw in the west. I saw kemp in a pickup game/ workout at the rockets training center in july, which shows he is working out, but I must admit he was huge. I don't think the lakers could go wrong signing kemp to a one year veterans minimum. Kemp would sign for this amount because he is still getting paid in his buyout deal. I think he would be a good counter move to the keon Clark move by our friends in the fake capital of California.
Shawn Kemp...? Hey man, I won't try to talk you out of it...this guy got 6 PPG and 4 RPG in 16 MPG for the Trailblazers...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
He is a good player..sometimes, he is too inconsistent and with all his drug problems I say NO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Remeber we did sign Rodman one year.

It also has been reported on ESPN Insider that Lakers could be one of the teams interested in Kemp. IMO he could be a good fit filling in for Shaq the 1st month and then backing him up the rest of the year. He would be the best backup C we have had in the Phil Jackson era

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Why is he such a good fit...?

I really don't understand why he would help out a team. This guy not only is way past his prime, he's unreliable and inconsistent.

But, hey, don't let me talk you out of it... :laugh:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
IMO - He wouldn't be a good fit.
Jaxx will push all his players to play D...
from transition, man-to-man back to the blocks
Kemp with all of those flat tires hanging on his body will not be successful at this. His O is vey inconsistant,
he will be beaten by his man on both sides of the floor. I saw all of this last year against the Lakers. Shaq had a feast inside against Kemp & when Kemp switched to the 4, he never came out & Horry had a blast from the perimeter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know, samaki walker does not deserve another chance as starting pw and I think kemp would be rejuvinated playing the starting role on a championship team. For a million he isn't a big risk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look at all the PF's the the Lakers have brought in the last couple of years. JR Reid, AC Green, Mario Bennett & Samaki Walker. So Kemp can't be any worst.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Unless Kemp got super focused and showed up minus some lb's then I don't think the Lakers should mess with him. His attitude was horrible and I heard that he told people he should be getting more shots... yet he couldn't hit the treadmill???

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Kemp is a PF, that now because of his size can play center. If we got Kemp I'd want him to lose 20 pounds, stop doing drugs, and start at PF.

Samaki Walker can backup center.

If he does those two things then he is much better than Keon Clark.

·
Registered
81 Posts
LOL. Great idea. Where do these brilliant stuff came from? La La Land is something else.

May I suggest the Lakers also sign Oliver Miller. A front court of Miller and Kemp will surely sent chill down the Kings' spine.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
He is a good player..sometimes, he is too inconsistent and with all his drug problems I say NO.
I agree 100%

The Lakers are in a position where they don't have to take a risk on a flake like Kemp. It's actually depressing watching him play. Such wasted talent...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts