Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6'3
170 Lbs
Point Guard
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
4*

Yes it is about time we start talking him up as a NBA prospect. If there is any player in college ball that runs a team better than he does, name him? I could start listing the heroics but you know what, catch a UNC game you'll see just how good he is. He's only 19 years old folks.

Andre Miller might just be the best comparison. Although Miller is a pretty strong point guard but they play the game at the same pace.

When all is said and done, I think he should have a national championship to his resume, maybe two.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
You saw those HBarnes stats with and w/o Marshall on the DX twitter?

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No but I saw Bilas make a convincing argument for him and they are right, dude is finding Barnes and co. making life easy for them out there. That bonehead Drew couldn't run an offense to save his life.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does that article work against him though? He's turned UNC' season around since he got the starting job.

If Atlanta got a guy like Kendall, they are looking mighty dangerous.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Well watching Marshall, he is very mature for a player his age but he isn't really an amazing athlete and god-given talent. Compared to other guys in college he has a lot of potential but not for a freshman or even a guy his age (he is slightly on the older side of freshmen)
He can run a team obviously, and even though he won't be succesful right away in the NBA with that, he almost surely will be able to do that eventually at the next level. However, will have enough other skills to really be a guy that deserves NBA minutes.
Brevin Knight, in his "prime", could beat a press, bring the ball up the floor and make the right pass and run a play as well as anyone in the league but he was pretty bad at every other thing and also undersized, of course.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well watching Marshall, he is very mature for a player his age but he isn't really an amazing athlete and god-given talent. Compared to other guys in college he has a lot of potential but not for a freshman or even a guy his age (he is slightly on the older side of freshmen)
He can run a team obviously, and even though he won't be succesful right away in the NBA with that, he almost surely will be able to do that eventually at the next level. However, will have enough other skills to really be a guy that deserves NBA minutes.
Brevin Knight, in his "prime", could beat a press, bring the ball up the floor and make the right pass and run a play as well as anyone in the league but he was pretty bad at every other thing and also undersized, of course.
Well said.

Marshall, to me, will turn out somewhere between Eric Snow and Mark Jackson. He will never blow you away and rarely light up the box score, but he will be wanted by every team as a reliable floor general. He's gonna run your stuff, put the ball in the right spots, play under control and keep your club running smoothly. Not the quickest, not the flashiest and not the most gifted, but his IQ and feel is off the charts for his age.

Backup or starter, I think Marshall is gonna have a nice lengthy NBA career.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What I really like is how, even though he's not a very good athlete, he has absolutely no trouble penetrating in the paint against good defenders. He has such a slight of hand when dribbling in traffic. It's incredible to watch.

A problem I see is that once he gets in the paint, he doesn't finish well at all. He can dish it off in the smallest crevice, but NBA guys are going to play him to shoot. He relies too much on his left hand, and after watching his offseason stuff, trust me, he will never develop a consistent floater. He's going to have to figure out a way to score over the trees.

Defensively he needs work as well. At least he's got good size and great IQ to help him in that area. You don't need to be a great athlete to be a good defender.

But he can make a nice living off of being a true PG and, hopefully, improving over time to become a good defensive player.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kendall Marshall had 15 assists in North Carolina's 102-69 win over Tennessee State on Tuesday.

Marshall is averaging 0.36 assists per minute this season, compared to 0.25 as a freshman, giving him an assist percentage of 43.87%.

While he has continued to be an excellent facilitator, his TS% has dropped from 52.% to 43.9% during the first four games of the season. Marshall is 2-for-8 (25.0%) from distance this season, after going 20-for-53 (37.7%) last season. He is only shooting five shots per 36 minutes, however, after attempting more than seven per 36 minutes last season.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/news#ixzz1eZj8F5GK
Hot!

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kinda like championship winning Pgs Rajon Rondo and Jason Kidd?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts