Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Kendrick Perkins says he'll miss 2-3 months with pectoral injury

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BlakeJesus 
#1 ·
The pectoral injury Kendrick Perkins suffered on Halloween will keep him out for at least two to three months while he rehabilitates, the Pelicans center told NOLA.com.

Perkins, who started New Orleans' first three games, was hurt in the first quarter of a 134-120 loss to the Golden State Warriors.

He was averaging 5.3 points and 2.7 rebounds per game this season. While he wasn't expected to see major playing time, a right calf strain for Omer Asik put him in the lineup.

The Pelicans, who also are missing Norris Cole (left ankle sprain), guard Tyreke Evans (right knee) and forward Quincy Pondexter (left knee), have lost five straight after a 121-115 defeat to the Atlanta Hawks on Friday night.

The Pelicans have said there is no timetable for how long Perkins will need to recover. Cole and Evans also don't have timetables for their returns.

''It's going pretty good just rehabbing, trying to get the strength back,'' Evans said, according to NOLA.com. ''That's pretty much it. I started running, which is a good sign. Just trying to get used to get back in the flow and working my way back up. Once I feel I can stop on the dime and be me, that when I'll be ready. I'm running on the treadmill and trying to strength it up.''
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14071303/kendrick-perkins-new-orleans-pelicans-miss-three-months-pectoral-injury-report-says

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.