Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Alabama basketball star Kennedy Winston has declared himself eligible for the NBA Draft, the school announced Thursday night. Winston, a 6-foot-6 guard who led the SEC in scoring in 2005, is in good academic standing and on track to graduate next year. The school said he will withdraw from his spring semester classes. “I’ve decided to put my name in the draft,” he said in a prepared statement released by the school's media relations department. “Playing in the NBA has been my dream, and I feel like this is the best time for me to go ahead and pursue that dream and try and make that jump." Times-Daily

"Various analysts and Web sites project Winston as a mid-to-late first-round selection in the NBA draft. "It depends on the workouts," Winston said. "I could go higher and may go down. It's just speculation right now." Winston had until mid-May to announce as an underclassman for the June draft, but he decided to end the speculation and get a jump start on his preparation." Mobile Register

1 - 1 of 1 Posts