·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting UK line-up

Starting MSU line-up

Primary Target

Pre-game Notes

Miss State is undefeated but has played a very weak schedule. They are coming off a solid win over Arkansas and UK is coming off a solid win over Vandy. Last year, UK beat MSU 70-62 in Rupp Arena and then beat them again in the SEC tournament 64-57.

UK dominates the all-time record with MSU 80-17. UK also leads the series record in Starkville 28-11.

Keys to the Game

In UK's last game against Vandy, they did a great job of neutralizing their primary target, Matt Freije. He had 0 points in the first half but came back to score in the second. If UK can do a good job of neutralizing MSU's best player Tuesday, Lawrence Roberts, MSU will have more trouble winning, but this doesn't mean it'll be an easy win for UK. Roberts should have his hands full with either Chuck Hayes or Erik Daniels.

Timmy Bowers, MSU's current PG, is a converted SG and has shown he can effectively run the position. However, Bowers will defnitley have his hands full with UK's defensive genius, Cliff Hawkins. Last year, Hawkins held MSU's great PG, Derrick Zimmerman, to only 4 points, 4 assists, and caused Zimmerman to make 3 turnovers.

The fact that this game is at Miss State makes it a hard game to predict. MSU has had trouble with, surprisingly, Santa Clara. Tuesday's game will be MSU's first real challenge, which is hard to believe considering conference season has started. UK has already proved that they can overcome hostile crowds when they played and won in front of over a world record 75,000 people, 68,000 of which were Michigan State fans. UK is a great road team, but MSU is a great home team. I expect a very good and close game with both teams having the chance to win and the lead changing throughout the whole game.

Check back after the game for post-game quotes, pictures, articles, and more.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
I need to get tickets to this tomorrow. I hope they haven't sold out. I also hope MSU makes this at least a close game.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!
I need to get tickets to this tomorrow. I hope they haven't sold out. I also hope MSU makes this at least a close game.

Rawse.... the ticket office IS sold out. how many tickets do you need? I have 1 extra.....

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
if you are wondering why some of the posts are missing, it is because i deleted them. stick to talking hoops without baiting one another. bryan, check your pm box.

xubrew

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>xubrew</b>!
if you are wondering why some of the posts are missing, it is because i deleted them. stick to talking hoops
xubrew
Thank you.

Like I was saying, I expect this to be a good and close game. Both teams have the chance to win this, so I find it hard to pick either UK or MSU to win. We'll just have to wait and see. MSU could win simply because it's in Starkville. UK could win just by doing what they need too.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by <b>xubrew</b>!
if you are wondering why some of the posts are missing, it is because i deleted them. stick to talking hoops without baiting one another. bryan, check your pm box.

xubrew

straight.

xubrew, why don't u ever get on AIM anymore?

·
Registered
582 Posts
If UK can take care of the ball (Vandy had 28 points off of turnovers) then I think UK will win this one. I am betting that there has been a LOT of passing practice going on.

My intuition is saying UK by 15 but my brain is saying UK by 10-12. We'll see.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!

Rawse.... the ticket office IS sold out. how many tickets do you need? I have 1 extra.....
I may just take you up on that. I just need one for me. If you've still got it, I can send you a PM and set something up...I can hit up Columbus sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>UKBlueInMyBlood</b>!
If UK can take care of the ball (Vandy had 28 points off of turnovers) then I think UK will win this one. I am betting that there has been a LOT of passing practice going on.

My intuition is saying UK by 15 but my brain is saying UK by 10-12. We'll see.
Are you sure UK will win by double-digits? I think this game will go way down to the wire.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yep - I am thinking double digits...

If UK takes care of the ball I don't think we will lose. (Barring some kind of miracle night from a Miss St player)

·
28,008 Posts
As a State fan, I'm expecting double-digits as well. Kentucky is just really, really, really, really good.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKfan4Life</b>!
I ususally never predict a win or loss, but I still think if either team wins, it'll be very close. :|
I agree. It'll be by no more than 5 points either way.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I might actually be going to this game tommorrow. Woohoo!
Having your intense UK loving Karma in the house has got to be worth at least 5 points for the Cats - sure you don't want to rethink the difference in the scores? :grinning:

·
28,008 Posts
Don't mark out for your team too much. Most Mississippians are downright primitive.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

when will you know if your goin'?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts