Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Morris....

Is Kentucky out of scholarships? I thought they were, well anyways, if UK is out of scholarships, ya'll have no chance of getting Morris.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
On Morris....

Is Kentucky out of scholarships? I thought they were, well anyways, if UK is out of scholarships, ya'll have no chance of getting Morris.
Yeah we do...

Check the facts, bub. His top 2 are GA Tech and UK, with UGA being number 2. Guess what? GTech is out of athletic scholarships too. However, Brandon Stockton last year was willing to give up his athletic scholarship if Mohammad Abukar came to UK, so that's a possibility. Patrick Sparks may also agree to be a walk-on again. Morris is smart enough to get an academics scholarship at UK and Gtech. If he was GTech or UGA bound, and UK had no chance, how come he hasn't commited to one of the two hometown schools already? Plus, Tubby and Reggie Hanson have become very, very good friends with him and Morris has been a huge Tubby fan before he even came to UK. The latest report is that he is still 50/50 UK and GTech (a report a I read about an hour or so ago which abolishes the report I heard this morning) and that he won't decide until after the season is over. That means he's waiting to see if the 5/8 rule is abolished, which is a very good thing for UK. This could also mean that he doesn't want to commit to a school that isn't GTech right away because his high school team plays a lot of games in GTech's arena and he doesn't want fans booing him. Believe me, UK has a GREAT, GREAT shot at Morris. Another good plus is that Crawford and Rondo are pitching in on getting him here, and Morris, Crawford, and Rondo played on the same team at the Nike Camp.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ Ok, thas what I needed to know.

Since ya'll do have scholarships available, then ya'll have a 50% chance of getting him(GT bein' the other 50). Good luck!!

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
^^ Ok, thas what I needed to know.

Since ya'll do have scholarships available, then ya'll have a 50% chance of getting him(GT bein' the other 50). Good luck!!
We don't have any athletics scholarships left, and neither does GTech. But like I said, if the 5/8 rule gets abolished in the next few months, that won't matter anymore as both teams will have scholarships to offer. Morris said he wants to play with great guards, and UK will have some great guards next year in Sparks, Rondo, and Crawford. I can see why he wants to play with good guards as well after seeing his high school team play. The guards on his team had a million turnovers trying to get the ball down-low to him. Plus, academics are important to Morris and his dad, as has been reported a lot, which is why he won't be skipping college. If Brandon Stockton is willing to give up his athletics scholarship like he was last year, then that'll give UK an advantage. Tubby has already proved he can take recruits out of their own hometown, so I have a 50/50 feeling about this one. But like I said, if he was GTech or UGA bound, two hometown teams, why wait to commit? The fact he hasn't commited to either hometown team speaks LOADS for UK and the great job we are doing recruiting him. But hey, an academic scholarship isn't out of the question for him either, so the whole no athletics scholarship thing can be avoided (for UK) several ways (Patrick Sparks stays as walk-on, 5/8 rule gets abolished, Brandon Stockton gives up his, or Morris takes an academic scholarship). It's not as much of an issue as some make it up to be.

·
Registered
115 Posts
As for adademics.... Randolph has a very high overall GPA taking a tough curruculum from all I hear. And while GaTech may have the overall academic edge, UK has one of the best CS programs in the nation, and Morriss has said he was thinking CS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts