Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does that mean he can be a legitimate PF in this league. or is he too small? Not too many Pf's have lit up Horry for 35 and 11, and in the biggest came of his career.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think he will bring other things to the table that other pf can't... and that will help him a top pf.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems when he hit a couple of Jump shots it gave him confidence, He is definitley quicker than any other PF

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
kmart could be great but he takes to many 15-19 foot jumpers and those aren't his shot, he probably shoots 30% from that range. He is best when he's posting up not spotting up for jumpers.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
It seems when he hit a couple of Jump shots it gave him confidence, He is definitley quicker than any other PF

Then who is?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
He has the potential and skillset to be a top flight PF, but the two things he lacks and will continue to hurt him is consistency and the mental edge.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Kenyon Martin might be the best athlete in the league. Factor in quickness, speed, strengh, athleticism, he has it all. He is not the quickest 4 in the league though, Tyson Chandler barely beats him out.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NO WAY

I don't like him but he is faster in a 90 foot race...he catches up to guards to block shots.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I believe Kenyon Martin is the most athletic 4 howeve i dont think he is the fastest.

Well if we are counting KG as a PF then he is the most athletic period.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
He is not the quickest 4 in the league though, Tyson Chandler barely beats him out.
I have seen Kenyon Martin guard everyone from Kobe Bryant to Vince Carter on a few plays. I don't think Chandler is quick enough to take the defensive assignments Martin has. Could you picture Chandler on Kobe or Vince? Probably not. But Martin's versatility allows him to guard the 2 through 5 (on a few occasions he even guarded centers).

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Originally posted by <b>remy23</b>!

I have seen Kenyon Martin guard everyone from Kobe Bryant to Vince Carter on a few plays. I don't think Chandler is quick enough to take the defensive assignments Martin has. Could you picture Chandler on Kobe or Vince? Probably not. But Martin's versatility allows him to guard the 2 through 5 (on a few occasions he even guarded centers).
Martin is much stronger than KG. Strengh is a part of athleticism.

Chandler went to high school in my backyard. Frequently he would guard the opposing teams PG if he needed to be shut down. These weren't scrubs either, these were PGs that got scholarships to PAC-10 schools.

The reason you haven't seen him guarding Kobe or Vince yet is because-

A) The Bulls had Artest and have Hassell. The Nets only really have Jefferson, Kittles is a liability and can only play the passing lane against those guys.

B) The Bulls just haven't assigned him to guard those guys yet.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!

Martin is much stronger than KG. Strengh is a part of athleticism.

Chandler went to high school in my backyard. Frequently he would guard the opposing teams PG if he needed to be shut down. These weren't scrubs either, these were PGs that got scholarships to PAC-10 schools.

The reason you haven't seen him guarding Kobe or Vince yet is because-

A) The Bulls had Artest and have Hassell. The Nets only really have Jefferson, Kittles is a liability and can only play the passing lane against those guys.

B) The Bulls just haven't assigned him to guard those guys yet.
Tyson Chandler hasn't guarded a point (or a guard) in his entire life and, if the Bulls are smart, he never will. Tyson just dosen't have the lateral movement to keep them in front.

Kittles is a liability? Why don't you watch a few games before you make judgements on players? Kittles was, arguably, just as good an on-ball defender as J-Kidd last year.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
lol Chandler wont guard a PG or SG... he may guard SF's, but I doubt I'm ever gonna see him guard a PG/SG

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Originally posted by <b>7M3</b>!

Tyson Chandler hasn't guarded a point (or a guard) in his entire life and, if the Bulls are smart, he never will. Tyson just dosen't have the lateral movement to keep them in front.
You are wrong. You probably haven't seen more than 1% Of Tyson's games.

Can you name one of his teamates on Dominguez?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts