Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Does this transaction mean that Pollard or Funderburke will get less playing time? Will Keon play center or power forward?

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Talk about depth. They're 2nd team could probably compete with some 1st teams! Jackson/Wallace/Turko/Keon/Pollard.

·
Registered
450 Posts
probably pf as a back-up to webber, or back-up center to divac, or unless somehow webber plays sf, then keon will start at pf, then this would be their lineup:

pg-bibby
sg-christie
sf-webber
pf-clark
c-divac

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twolvefan11</b>!
probably pf as a back-up to webber, or back-up center to divac, or unless somehow webber plays sf, then keon will start at pf, then this would be their lineup:

pg-bibby
sg-christie
sf-webber
pf-clark
c-divac
What about Peja or Turkoglu? Webber at sf? That as crazy as your trade proposals.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twolvefan11</b>!

pg-bibby
sg-christie
sf-webber
pf-clark
c-divac
Um......No. Good idea though:rolleyes: . Clark and Pollard will be backups for either Divac or Webber. He won't be taking time away from Funderburke because he really doesn't play at all. This is huge for 2 reasons: we get the talented backup big man we've coveted for a while and this is hopefully a sign that Bibby's contract negotiations are almost done. Talk about depth...dizzam.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sac is becoming portland.Just stacking up talent and ruining the chemistry.By the way keon is not that great it shows for one by how many teams have traded him.He goes through little spurts .The whole season with the raps the only time he shined was when vince was out in the detroit series and detroit won.Hell also get eaten up by Shaq like the rest of the centers!

keon doesnt equal championship !

·
Registered
636 Posts
Originally posted by <b>beautifulkobe</b>!
Sac is becoming portland.Just stacking up talent and ruining the chemistry.By the way keon is not that great it shows for one by how many teams have traded him.He goes through little spurts .The whole season with the raps the only time he shined was when vince was out in the detroit series and detroit won.Hell also get eaten up by Shaq like the rest of the centers!

keon doesnt equal championship !
First of all getting talent doesn't neccesarily mean that you sacrifice chemistry. Portland had chemistry problems because they have a bunch of head cases; Kemp, Patterson, Sheed and Damon. They also have a log jam at basically every position but C. They have a bunch of people who used to be stars and are expecting huge minutes, Sactowns bench isn't anthing like that. Secondly Klark doesn't need to dominate or contend with Shaq. He was aquired to add rebounding and blocket shots off the bench . Vlade is still the starter with Pollard the backup and Clark being Webber or Vlades backup.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Originally posted by <b>k^2</b>!

First of all getting talent doesn't neccesarily mean that you sacrifice chemistry. Portland had chemistry problems because they have a bunch of head cases; Kemp, Patterson, Sheed and Damon. They also have a log jam at basically every position but C. They have a bunch of people who used to be stars and are expecting huge minutes, Sactowns bench isn't anthing like that. Secondly Klark doesn't need to dominate or contend with Shaq. He was aquired to add rebounding and blocket shots off the bench . Vlade is still the starter with Pollard the backup and Clark being Webber or Vlades backup.
I totally agree with this post KC. Portland and Kings are two different teams and situations.

Having said that, I am a rap fan so I pretty much know what Keon weaknesses are, so how are the kings going to use him? Do you have any thoughts to tell us, KC?

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ummm, That was k^2's response, but I could see how you confuse the names. Anyways, this is a great signing and it won't ruin chemistry. The Lakers fan above sounds like he is either jealous, insecure or a combination of both (About his own team of course, eh Mods :) ). Be afraid.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
you cant say this doesnt help the kings even if clark is only a backup, he can backup both C and PF and he is much better then funderburke, and hes an extra 6 fouls to throw at shaq.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
How does this signing get the Kings any closer to DETHRONING THE LAKERS it doesn't Clark is a fine player but how does he help , if you're trying to beat the Lakers your 2 main concerns are obvious SHAQ AND KOBE how does the Clark signing effect either, If Clark takes minutes away from Pollard then you lose tenacity, he could replace Webber for some minutes but how does that make the Kings better defensively, which is their only weakness against the Lakers, Clark is a shot blocker granted but his slight Frame won't affect Shaq much and because Horry plays so far from the basket he won't be close enough to the basket to come from the weak side on Kobe for blocks. Clark WILL HELP SLIGHTLY but not to the degree some may think a CHARLES OAKELY signing would have helped the Kings much more than a Clark signing. But the Kings will be tough again nevertheless .

And the Portland reference is not out of the question , it's not just HEAD CASES THAT ARE A PROBLEM ,too much talent is a problem you have to have players willing to fill a role and if you're highly skilled you won't be willing to fill a role talented players want to be featured not do dirty work and set others up. EXAMPLES-Philly 76ers with DOC,BARKELY,MOSES, good guys too much talent not enough role players. Current MAVS no defense too many scorers not enough players willing to specialize all pretty good guys. Most talented players will be arrogant in their abilities, but won't accept willing lesser roles ie Lakers trying to get Kobe to be the 2nd option was a battle he's not a head case just arrogant enough to know his talent, SAME WITH THE BUCKS before Big Dog's trade, too many scorers not enough players willing to fill role, Every great teams needs the HORRY'S AND FISHER'S and FOXES's

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I think Keon would be a great addition to their roster. Pollard will lose some definete playing time to Clark. I hope this team isnt becoming portland. As long as they recognize that Bibby and Webber are the "generals" then they wont become like portland but if everyone wants to become a leader than they are screwed. If Clark signs then i firmaly believe that they can beat the Lakers this year and make it to the NBA Finals.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Sac-Town is getting to be ridiculous. Just stacked. But Peotrie should really be worrying about Bibby before he does the Clark deal. If Bibby bounces next year this squad will probably never win a title.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
People!

Did some of you guys even WATCH Game 7? Guess who was "guarding" Shaq? WEBBER! That's NOT A GOOD THING!

Can anybody in the NBA "guard" Shaq? NO! But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't TRY! That doesn't mean that some guys don't do better than other guys!

Keon Clark gives the Kings a guy to throw at Shaq in the Western Conference Finals next summer. Is he "the missing piece of the puzzle"? Well, YES! I think he is!

To be fair, a healthy Peja Stojakovic PROBABLY would've been the difference in the Western Conference Finals this past season. OH WELL. If the Kings are healthy in May-June in 2003, will they knock off the Lakers? Well, THEY SHOULD. And will Keon Clark be a big reason why? YES.

Lawrence Funderburke didn't touch the floor in the playoffs, he's not a factor. In FACT, isn't he a free agent right now? If the Kings sign Clark, NO WAY will Funderburke be coming back next year.

ANOTHER THING you guys need to think about is WHAT ARE THE KINGS GOING TO DO WHEN VLADE DIVAC'S CONTRACT IS UP IN A COUPLE OF YEARS? They're going to need to replace him, and I think that a combination of Keon Clark and Scot Pollard is pretty decent. I DON'T think that Divac will be re-signed in the summer of 2004. But that's a ways off.

ALSO! What COULD be happening here is Keon Clark's agent is forcing Orlando's (or New York's) hand in the negotiating process. PROBABLY both of those teams--who are OBVIOUSLY interested in signing Clark--are trying to push down his asking price (the full mid-level exception) because Clark got caught a few weeks ago with pot. Clark's agent is showing Orlando and New York that he CAN get the mid-level exception from Sacramento if he doesn't get it from either one of them!

I STILL say that Orlando breaks down and offers him the full mid-level exception and that he signs with THEM. Because of a) the state of Florida's low income tax laws and b) he'll get more minutes and more shot attempts with Orlando than with Sacramento.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KC</b>!
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/3940022p-4965528c.html

Good news for the Kings. They upgrade in 2 categories, which are rebounding and shot-blocking....

Good News for the Lakers.....
This is not at all considered a THREAT in any way!!
Just more fouls to give to Shaq......that's all it is

Clark brings in some shot blocking agility...
But we all know he's not gonna touch any of Shaq's In your face Rim Bangers, He doesn't have a consistant offensive game, to damn skinny to bang with the bigger PF'S & C's in the west. But the Kings got him for a Flee Market price, you can't beat that, good job Kings........BUT HOW DO YA FIGURE????
:rolleyes: :laugh: :rolleyes: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Opps, KC. lol.

But I think Clark can be used as a roamer, a defensive helper. I think he can roam around to help defend Shaq and Kobe. Clark at his best defensively when with Raps are Davis playing the opposing scoring big man, Clark coming from wekside to block shots and grab rebounds.

And guys, Kings cant overlook the Dallas. They are maturing right now, Clark on Dirk isnt a bad idea afterall.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!
But the Kings got him for a Flee Market price, you can't beat that, good job Kings........BUT HOW DO YA FIGURE????
Correct me if I am wrong but Kings haven't got him yet, right ? What about Bibby ? Assuming Kings get both of them, they will beat Lakers 100 out of 100 times...

....on paper silly ! :laugh:

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're right DP. On paper the Kings are the better team. However, for the Lakers, the refs aren't listed on their "paper". So I'd say it's almost even....

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Cry me a friggin river KidCrawford. Lemme ask you this. Refs knew Kings were gonna miss the FTs right ? If Refs wanted Lakeshow to win, as you claim, why would they put Kings on the line and give them a chance to win at home in game 7.

Kings choked, Lakers win. Simple as that.

SCOREBOARD !!

Deal with it. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts