Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
A!
Joined
·
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chad Ford said on ESPNEWS that the Kings are offering their full excption to Keon Clark.... He said that they are top 3 on Keon's list and that he could end up there.

If Keon does sign, Sacramento's chances at a championship increase even more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
Wow!

No doubt, this guy isn't going to get the kind of money he was hoping for--the most he can get is the midcap exception from somebody (what is it, $4.5 mil?)! But, after the Kings re-sign Bibby, won't this make their payroll for next season around $70 mil?

The thing is, if the Kings want to win a championship, the time is NOW, not 2-3 years from now--so who cares about a $70 mil payroll? The team clearly needs another big body to throw at Shaq--Keon Clark is that big body! He's certainly a significant upgrade over Lawrence Funderburke!

Keon Clark to the Kings--interesting, huh?
 

·
A!
Joined
·
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by JoeF
Who are the other two?
Acoording to Chad Ford, the three teams were:

1. Orlando
2. Philadelphia
3. Sacramento

If he wants money, he will go to Orlando, but if he is serious about winning a Championship, he will sign with Sacramento.
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Chad Ford said on ESPNEWS that the Kings are offering their full excption to Keon Clark.... He said that they are top 3 on Keon's list and that he could end up there.

If Keon does sign, Sacramento's chances at a championship increase even more.
Uhh...no they don't, he'll be a bench warmer. They already have Pollard and Divac.
 

·
A!
Joined
·
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Keon Clark to the Kings?

Originally posted by The X Factor


Uhh...no they don't, he'll be a bench warmer. They already have Pollard and Divac.
:laugh: :laugh:

He wouldn't be sitting behind Pollard. Divac is getting old and won't play more than 30 minutes per game...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,222 Posts
no i think he'll be in a mento uni. after the kings sign bibby, theyll sign him and the puzzle will be complete.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
There was Philadelphia at 2. How comes that?
I thought Clark wants to Chicago or then to Orlando/Miami.
Is Philly really interested? I think they gonna use their exception on R.Rogers, but Clark would fit much better. IN Philly he'd have the chance to become an all-star as starting PF and their 2nd scoring option behind Iverson.
I see him around 15 Pts/10 Rebs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
On the way to work today, I tuned into some sports talk radio and they did mention, about Clark & Kings scenario, but many guess he'll wind up with the sixers, he wants a starting job, he's not going to get that in Sactown.....if the Kings land him though, prepare for the Millenium's 1st World War with the LakeShow
LET'S DO THISS!!! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
I think he should go to Sac. He would get significant minutes whether he starts or not. Divac isn't young and won't be there forever so he would get the job in the long term. I would take a shot at a championship over starting anyday. Of course I am not an NBA player so I would be happy sitting at the end of the bench for the NBA minimum.
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by JayWill
no i think he'll be in a mento uni. after the kings sign bibby, theyll sign him and the puzzle will be complete.
:laugh: :laugh:
Yeah, I'm sure, Keon Clark will make the Kings beat the Lakers. He was the only piece of the puzzle that they needed:rolleyes:.
 

·
A!
Joined
·
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by The X Factor


:laugh: :laugh:
Yeah, I'm sure, Keon Clark will make the Kings beat the Lakers. He was the only piece of the puzzle that they needed:rolleyes:.
Actually, yeah. They needed one more big man to throw at Shaq, even if it is only for 10-15 minutes. Clark could back-up the 4 spot too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Keon Clark to the Kings???

Whoever thinks that Keon Clark is going to do anything for the Kings is smoking the same CRACK as him...What does the dude weigh, like 215 soaking weat and with cement in his shoes. In the west you have to get past the Lakers. Now somebody please tell me how Keon Clark is going to do anything to stop SHAQ!!!!

In the future, please calm down in posting. The first sentence was uncalled for. Thanks- Devestata.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The X Factor</b>!


:laugh: :laugh:
Yeah, I'm sure, Keon Clark will make the Kings beat the Lakers. He was the only piece of the puzzle that they needed:rolleyes:.
To tell you the truth the Kings don't need any more peices to the puzzle. All they needed was some fair officiating and they would have beaten the Lakers last year. I think the Kings even without Clark will beat the Lakers this year.
 

·
Oladipo for the people
Joined
·
48,150 Posts
True that Basketball jesus. Im not one to cry about officiating but when Bibby got elbowed in the face by Kobe and the KINGS GOT THE CALL! That was what did it for them. There shouldnt have even been a game 7. Sure they Kings blew it for themselves in game 7, but there realy shouldnt have even been a game 7. Its over now and Im not at all complaining Lakers fans, but I wouldnt count on making it 4 is all Im saying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
True that Basketball jesus. Im not one to cry about officiating but when Bibby got elbowed in the face by Kobe and the KINGS GOT THE CALL! That was what did it for them. There shouldnt have even been a game 7. Sure they Kings blew it for themselves in game 7, but there realy shouldnt have even been a game 7. Its over now and Im not at all complaining Lakers fans, but I wouldnt count on making it 4 is all Im saying.


You don't count on making it 4??
I can bet you didn't count on making it 3 either......Right??

Bibby got what he deserved alright...
If you remember or if you can rewind your video tapes....
He fronted up very close to Bryant....
On the offensive side of the Ball, that player always has the right to create room for himself, Kobe went left, Bibby played close & low, he got caught with the Elbow as Kobe made his move, Refs called it as a foul to maybe what they observed from the initial positioning by Bibby. It's over, it's been over.....Right??
and I'm counting up to 4.........you can count on that

;)
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top