Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hopefully keon will sign wif us. he cud be the post player we need. isn't it almost impossible to do a sign and trade wif toronto atm? im sure i ehard that somewhere as they are very close to the luxury tax too?:confused:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Keon would be a great help to Orlando. Better than any big man they had last year, but he IS NOT a post player.

He is as skinny as many guards in the league. He can block some shots, but usually only on help defense. And he is a decent rebounder, not great.

He is not an imposing force in the middle, but Orlando only needs a little help.

I think with Keon, Hunter, Kasun, Oyedeji, Humphrey, Grant as our bigs.. we could have a shot at the Finals. As long as Hill is healthy.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think that Keon Clark would be an incredible fit for the Magic. He's not strong, but I think he'd help a lot with rebounding because he's tall and athletic.

A few lucky breaks and the Magic are definately an elite team in the East.

If they sign Keon Clark....
If Grant Hill stays healthy....
If one of their other young-big men steps up and becomes a good/very good rebounder and defender.
If Mike Miller is content with backing up Hill and McGrady.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I think the additions of Clark and Oyedeji would make their frontcourt somewhat better than last year. Which is all they need if Hill is healthy.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Keon Clark signing would be so huge for us it's not even funny. It's lookling pretty bad for the Raptors again who seem like they won't be able to hold on to probably their key free agent and that guy is Clark who has been my dream signing since the beggining of the free agent campaign. I am hoping we impress him because he has already said he favors Florida weather over other teams which offcourse means the Miami Heat have a good shot at him too, but they are not in need of him and he would be a bench player at Miami behind Brian Grant probably.

Clark should have a good visit, Grant Hill and McGrady being there talking to him would make him feel welcomed and then we got him all rapped up and right where we want him don't you think?

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Depends.

I dont think any teams will offer more than mid exception. In that case Orlando has the advantage because of the tax issue.

If Sacramento can offer the full exception, they might be able to get him. They would offset the tax advantage with a shot at winning an NBA title.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts