Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clark to Sacramento. OK. He will give them some O off the bench, and he's a bit better than Funderburke. A lot better. But he's not the answer to a championship. He won't get minutes, he won't be satisfied their unless they do win it all. The Kings aren't the team to beat, the Lakers are regardless if they're a #1 seed or a #6 seed. But, ok, Clark's gonna be Webber's backup, he'll give em O, but he's no Webber. And he CAN"T PLAY CENTER.

I'm done.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UAZcatz226</b>!
Clark to Sacramento. OK. He will give them some O off the bench, and he's a bit better than Funderburke. A lot better. But he's not the answer to a championship. He won't get minutes, he won't be satisfied their unless they do win it all. The Kings aren't the team to beat, the Lakers are regardless if they're a #1 seed or a #6 seed. But, ok, Clark's gonna be Webber's backup, he'll give em O, but he's no Webber. And he CAN"T PLAY CENTER.

I'm done.

All Keon Clark is.........A sack of fouls for Shaq.
He's not gonna do any damage at all....
I'm hearing he's the missing piece to dethrone the Lakers...
Yeah Right......it's gonna take many & much more than that
He does bring a lot of agility, but it won't matter cause when the game is on the line, he won't be playing.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
He wasn't brought in to do anything against Shaq. He was brought in for 1. Rebounding, 2. Shot-blocking

Both were weaknesses last year and he helps out with that. He will find 25-30 per game coming off the bench and he adds even more depth. Great move....

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
If you guys actualy think all hes there to do is foul then check your head. Maybe you both just watch you favorite teams and dont see him but Clark is a good player. And he cant play center? Im confused as to why thats where the majority of his minutes came from as a Raptor. Actualy find out about the player before you trash him, and dont act like you do know him, since you didnt even think he could play center.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UAZcatz226</b>!

I'm done.
Ummm...the Kings don't need Clark to be as good as Webber, if that's what you were thinking...we just need him to be better than Funderburke.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KC</b>!
He wasn't brought in to do anything against Shaq. He was brought in for 1. Rebounding, 2. Shot-blocking

Both were weaknesses last year and he helps out with that. He will find 25-30 per game coming off the bench and he adds even more depth. Great move....
I wouldn't say that rebounding was a WEAKNESS, but hey, you can never have enough rebounding I guess! (The Kings got 2nd in RPG at 45.305) But we definately could improve in shot blocking. (The Kings got 21st in BPG at 4.573)

Anyways, yeah, Clark, if he joins the Kings, will be mainly for rebounding, blocks, and low-post offense.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wiggum</b>!

I wouldn't say that rebounding was a WEAKNESS, but hey, you can never have enough rebounding I guess! (The Kings got 2nd in RPG at 45.305) But we definately could improve in shot blocking. (The Kings got 21st in BPG at 4.573)

Anyways, yeah, Clark, if he joins the Kings, will be mainly for rebounding, blocks, and low-post offense.
Well, I was mainly talking about it as a weakness during the Lakers series. How many times did the Lakers get crucial offensive rebounds and easy put-backs? Hopefully Keon, through defense and rebounding, can limit the 2nd chances given to the opponent.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Re: Re: Keon isn't C-Webb

Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!
All Keon Clark is.........A sack of fouls for Shaq.
He's not gonna do any damage at all....
I'm hearing he's the missing piece to dethrone the Lakers...
Yeah Right......it's gonna take many & much more than that
He does bring a lot of agility, but it won't matter cause when the game is on the line, he won't be playing.
I promise I'm not trying to start another WCF debate here...but, how could you say "it's gonna take many & much more than that"? It's not like the Kings got humiliated in the WCF this year; it went into overtime in game 7. You make it sound like the Kings went down in 4 or 5 games...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
If you guys actualy think all hes there to do is foul then check your head. Maybe you both just watch you favorite teams and dont see him but Clark is a good player. And he cant play center? Im confused as to why thats where the majority of his minutes came from as a Raptor. Actualy find out about the player before you trash him, and dont act like you do know him, since you didnt even think he could play center.

If you're replying to my post....
My comment was in reference to what I heard from a few articles.
Some say on Foxsports West....
"Are the kings considering this as their missing puzzle - dethrone the Lakers" ? My opinion as well as others - NO!!

I ain't trashing at all on Keon's play....
He does bring Blocking and some boards..
I know how he plays, and "YOU" don't have to tell me that
It's just how I see it or it's called IMO...

Keon could play Center?..............in the East.............RIGHT?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
If Dale Davis can be a good center in the east, theres no reason Keon Clark cannot. Im still not sure you've ever seen the man play if you dont think he could play backup center.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
If Dale Davis can be a good center in the east, theres no reason Keon Clark cannot. Im still not sure you've ever seen the man play if you dont think he could play backup center.

Dale Davis is physically Bigger though....
Like I said I never down-played Keon...
I'm sure the Kings know what their doing...
and he will help out them out...
in what ways - either plenty or none

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Im not saying hes going to be a starter or even get significant minutes. But he sure is an upgrade over Funderberk. He can come in and score and get some rebounds. Thats all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts