Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's all this league needs... More sweet FA goin' to teams that are already strong...

What's up with the competitive balance in the league now...

I don't think the luxary tax is high enough...

There are like 10 elite teams in the league now... and a lot of crap.... (and about 7 of them in the West)..

Something has to be done... Geez... I think any Top 10 College team could take out Cleveland!

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JaK</b>!
Something has to be done... Geez... I think any Top 10 College team could take out Cleveland!
I highly doubt that, cause you have to remember college teams are nowhere near as good as they used to be. So the Cavs would win, most definatley.

-Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Carlos</b>!
http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0814/1418009.html

The Kings needed another big man off the bench and it looks like they got it.

That's just too much! The Kings' 2nd team is good enough to murder some starting units. Martin Cleaves is their weakest link??? Unreal.

That's hope everyone stays healty. That team is going to be fun to watch!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Keon is a great addition, but they still need a real shooting guard, as Christie NEVER makes his opponents have to play both ends of the floor!! He doesn't take enough shots to make that opponent have to play even mediocre defense!

It is irritating as all get out to me to watch this guy. His defense is overrated because in the west he has ONE Great swingman to guard - ONE!

If the Kings went out and got a Redd, they've have somebody to make the opponent have to play some kind of adequate defense and the Kings would win more because of that. As it is, his guy can go off and double CWebb or Bibby because he sure doesn't have to waste defensive energy on guarding Christie.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!
Keon is a great addition, but they still need a real shooting guard, as Christie NEVER makes his opponents have to play both ends of the floor!! He doesn't take enough shots to make that opponent have to play even mediocre defense!

It is irritating as all get out to me to watch this guy. His defense is overrated because in the west he has ONE Great swingman to guard - ONE!

If the Kings went out and got a Redd, they've have somebody to make the opponent have to play some kind of adequate defense and the Kings would win more because of that. As it is, his guy can go off and double CWebb or Bibby because he sure doesn't have to waste defensive energy on guarding Christie.
I would agree that the Kings weak point is at SG, not at C. We really only have one true SG, and Christie is a defender...That doesn't mean Clark wasn't a nice acquistion though! :D

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wiggum</b>!

I would agree that the Kings weak point is at SG, not at C. We really only have one true SG, and Christie is a defender...That doesn't mean Clark wasn't a nice acquistion though! :D
Actually, I think Keon is more of a great acquisition instead of "nice", but I still would like for the Kings to get a "real" shooting guard. They call them "shooting guards" for a reason, but Christie hasn't connected that adjective to his job, as yet. :D

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Clarke signed a one year deal, correct? If that's true, I really don't get it. He could leave after the year, and Vlade's not getting any younger. Wouldn't it have been a better idea to sign him at least for a few years?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!
I still would like for the Kings to get a "real" shooting guard. They call them "shooting guards" for a reason, but Christie hasn't connected that adjective to his job, as yet. :D
Heh, no I guess not! He's got the "guard" part down... :laugh:

·
Registered
697 Posts
clarks signing

i think clark signed the 1 year deal so that he can sign a new deal next year when the kings have more cap space.. the way i see it vlade will basically switch contracts wiht keon after this season....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Re: clarks signing

Originally posted by <b>Pure Scorer</b>!
i think clark signed the 1 year deal so that he can sign a new deal next year when the kings have more cap space.. the way i see it vlade will basically switch contracts wiht keon after this season....
The Kings won't have cap space next summer. It is going to get worst because of the re-sign of Bibby. So I suppose they signed Clark for just one year because next year they are going to have too much salary commited.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I AGREE WITH RIFLEMAN and WIGGUM about Christie, a REDD signing may get them over the top against the Lakers, but the CLARKE signing will have very little affect against the Lakers ,he adds to their depth, they already have enough scoring and he's too skinny to deal with Shaq , Horry will move him out of the paint so weak side Blocks on Kobe where CLARKE could be a factor won't happen much , Clarke signing helps them more against other teams in the West than against the Lakers.

Lakers have signed AJ GUYTON can he Help contain BIBBY, I don't think so but he's cheap and we'll throw him out there and see. But RUSH and Murray additions will bolster Laker scoring especially against the Kings.

It'll be interesting next year.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jazzy1</b>!
Lakers have signed AJ GUYTON can he Help contain BIBBY, I don't think so but he's cheap and we'll throw him out there and see. But RUSH and Murray additions will bolster Laker scoring especially against the Kings.

It'll be interesting next year.
I'm a Bulls fan first, and I can tell you that AJ isn't gonna do jack **** against Bibby. What he will do is be a Lindsey Hunter clone and hit the open 3's. He is probably even a better shooter than Hunter, but doesn't really penetrate.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
I AGREE WITH RIFLEMAN and WIGGUM about Christie, a REDD signing may get them over the top against the Lakers
You act as if the Kings are not close to the Lakers. As far as I am concerned, this match-up is as even as possible. The Kings already have a great chance of beating the Lakers and Keon makes the bench deeper. His goal is not to contain Shaq, rather his blocking and rebounding adds much needed athleticism and gives another big body to the team. That way, Pollard can go back to guarding power forwards and be more effective there.

The real question goes back to the Lakers. After Shaq gets his surgery, will he be the same again? With each passing year, Shaq is playing in more and more pain. While still an awesome player, you can see him declining before your very eyes. Regardless of who the Lakers sign, if Shaq is not 100%, that spells major problems.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Be EASY REMY I didn't say anything about the Kings not being close to the Lakers because they are you'd have to be a fool to not see that. I'm a Laker fan Yes but not so biased not to see the Kings as a GOOD TEAM that being said lets make one thing clear THE LAKERS ARE THE THREE TIME DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS Not a 1 year close but didn't get it done squad they climbed that mountain 3 straight years, and the Clarke signing doesn't affect their match-up with the Lakers all that Much, he'll help some but not to the degree you may believe,

Now KC I like how you say GUYTON won't do anything with Bibby then say he maybe better than Hunter with his shooting, that's all the Lakers need another shooter to spread the floor, and he'll help on Bibby,the Lakers don't need him to penetrate anyway Kobe does that for us, but please remeber the Lakers did win the series not the Kings, just taking a shot at you.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Now KC I like how you say GUYTON won't do anything with Bibby then say he maybe better than Hunter with his shooting, that's all the Lakers need another shooter to spread the floor, and he'll help on Bibby,the Lakers don't need him to penetrate anyway Kobe does that for us, but please remeber the Lakers did win the series not the Kings, just taking a shot at you.
What are you talking about? I gave my honest opinion on AJ Guyton. This isn't about the Kings and Lakers. Why bring it to the table again? AJ isn't strong enough to defend Bibby and fight through screens. Yes, he is a great shooter and that is where he will make his mark on the Lakers. No need for more blasts.....

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
First of all...KC is right, Guyton won't be able to do anything about Bibby. But then again, with Peja and C-Webb healthy, Bibby won't get as many shots as he did in the Playoffs.

About this Keon Clark signing...let me be the first to tell you that he wasn't a force at all against the Lakers last season. Shaq and Samaki are both bigger than him, and can over power him downlow.

Clark will make the Kings more exciting (like they need it:rolleyes:), but I don't see him making them a much better team.

Why do the Kings need another big man? They have Pollard to backup center, and Funderburke was one of the best backup PFs in the league a couple years ago. And when he started this year for C-Webb, at the end of the season, he was scoring in the 20s and leading the team.

Also...let's not make this thread into a huge argument.

·
Registered
920 Posts
They should start Gerald Wallace and have Christie come off of the bench. That way against the Lakers Kobe would actually have to play defense:eek: and try to keep up with a guy who is faster and more athletic than him.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts