Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A few options. Nothing really new under the sun...............

(I do think Curry has potential. Just not really high on the idea of getting Davis, though. I dunno. :whoknows: )

Chicago's Antonio Davis and either Tyson Chandler or Eddy Curry.

Davis, 35, just came over from Toronto and still has two years after this one ($12 million in 2004-05 and $13 million in 2005-06), so the contract situation is less than ideal. Davis is not the talent Wallace is, but he is a capable inside presence with a history of durability. The Bulls have not picked up the option on either Chandler or Curry, two young, big men who have potential to blossom. If Chicago GM John Paxson listens to Scottie Pippen, who has firsthand experience with Wallace's antics, the Bulls wouldn't consider it.

By league rules, this one -couldn't be consummated until Feb. 1, 90 days after the Toronto deal was made.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I think an Idea like that may be worth looking at but, I would have to see Jamaal Crawford coming in, more than either CUrry or Chandler. Curry has been a major disappointment this season and CHandler and Zach are PFs. Crawford could come back and start at the PG position for us though.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
It's really nice when you read a column from someone who's so knowledgeable....

The Bulls have not picked up the option on either Chandler or Curry
Gee, and I was under the impression that when the NBA announced on October 24th that Chicago had picked up the option for both of them for the 4th year of their contract (2004-05), that actually meant that it happened. Apparently, it was a big hoax. I guess that this link to NBA Transactions is full of nothing but lies. I'm so glad that Kerry is working hard to uncover conspiracies such as this one throughout the league. The truth is out there.

:rolleyes:

Or maybe he thinks that Chicago should have already made a qualifying offer for 2005-06?

By league rules, this one -couldn't be consummated until Feb. 1, 90 days after the Toronto deal was made.
Which rule is that? The "I'm too lazy to actually look it up in the CBA" rule? The fact is that Antonio Davis can be traded in a deal such as this 60 days after being traded from Toronto. 2 months, not 3. He's confusing this situation with the rule that says you can't trade someone you signed as a free agent for 90 days.

It was nice to see that Eggers at least addressed the Milicic idea. We've discussed this one to great length on the board, and I'm not sure that any of us think it's going to happen. But at least he was up on that idea.

I am, however, going to send him the link to Larry ****'s FAQ and suggest that he read up before writing another article on the subject.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>So Cal Blazer Fan</b>!

....I am, however, going to send him the link to Larry ****'s FAQ and suggest that he read up before writing another article on the subject.
:laugh: I will, now, duly refer to you as our board's Curtis Sliwa. :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts