Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a link on NBA.com (in the broadband section) where you can watch the interview with TNT.

KG says the problems of last year started "from the top," meaning management (specifically Mchale) didn't take care of business in the summer when they should have. They didn't settle contract issues before training camp and so when Cassell refused to go to trainin gcamp that set the tone for the whole season.

KG says McHale only wanted to be the coach on the court but didn't want the rest of the "coaching responsibility" like managing egos. When asked "had management handled things better would Flip still be the coach", KG gives a quick and clear "Yes".

Sarcastically KG says "It starts from the top, but at the end of hte day, they're (management, Mchale) are gonna do what they want anyway."

Sounds like KG is bitter, but I do'nt blame him...

·
Registered
717 Posts
They lost last year because they fired Saunders...

Look what Saunders is doing now with the Pistons... 7-0. Huge.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Who can blame the guy, when you fail to put complimentary players around Kevin Garnett for a decade plus, you're just the worst management team in the history of the league. This guy is probably the easiest player to build around in the NBA, and yet Minny management can't put a team around him to get out of the first round more than one season out of his career.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
tick tock. in 8-10 weeks only one will remain. my guess is it will not be mchale, but who knows. KG could very well end up being traded.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
EHL said:
Who can blame the guy, when you fail to put complimentary players around Kevin Garnett for a decade plus, you're just the worst management team in the history of the league. This guy is probably the easiest player to build around in the NBA, and yet Minny management can't put a team around him to get out of the first round more than one season out of his career.
These are good points. I agree. If he does indeed want to be traded, no one can possibly question this move from him. Although he has not outrightly said that he wants to be traded, making your franchise player angry or disappointed is not a very good sign for the ballclub.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The Wolves used Sam and Spree as scapegoats (Flip to an extent too), and put everything that happened last season on them. That's what KG didn't like.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
EHL said:
Other Boston fans always give me grief when I call McHale the most overrated GM/DBO in NBA history. He got one thing right, he drafted Garnett. I'll give him that he was right about Ricky Davis, too. But other than that he's been an unmitigated disaster running that franchise. For all the grief people give Thomas for taking the Knicks from pathetic to merely bad, I'm amazed that McHale doesn't get more hate around here.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I'm sure Garnett isn't mad about the fact that the Timberwolves didn't cave in to Cassell's and Sprewell's contract demands, because in the long run the T-Wolves are far better off not paying either one of those guys. Socco summed it up pretty nicely IMO.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
You can tell KG wants out of that hell hole so bad. But he never comes out and says it. He always just plays his 110% best. He's a big man, and he's done so much for the T.Wolves. I hope he gets his chance to get out of there.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The T-Wolves are lucky that Garnett hasn't flat out demanded a trade. I don't know why he seems so patient, but it really bugs me to see such a special player surrounded by such incompetence.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
it wouldn't be right if kevin retired with ringless fingers. get it done mchale, move that man to a contender and start rebuilding.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Carbo04 said:
You can tell KG wants out of that hell hole so bad. But he never comes out and says it. He always just plays his 110% best. He's a big man, and he's done so much for the T.Wolves. I hope he gets his chance to get out of there.
Yea, me too. As much as I respect Garnett's patience and willingness to stay the course with Minnesota, it's becoming more and more clear that either the management is not really trying to build a winning team, or that they're just not competent enough to do so. I don't think anyone here will blame KG if he seeks a trade, I know I certainly won't. I think most NBA fans want him out of Minnesota ASAP to see what he can do on a real team.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
For Kevin Garnett's sake, for the league's sake, for the love of the game, trade Garnett to a team where he can contend. The wolves should respect him that much to wish the best for him

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It's really as simple as the Joe Smith fiasco. The NBA's equivalent of the death penalty. If he'd had more um, foresight?, insight?, he'd have demanded a trade once they were stripped of those draft picks. That was both an unbelievably stupid thing for the franchise to do and an incredibly harsh penalty the league handed down, but it effectively destroyed the ability of the T-Wolves to surround him with cheap, young talent during his ascending years. Sad and bad all at once.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
i have to say, it has become increasingly depressing to watch arguably the single most dominant player in the last decade get screwed over by poor management who cant even build a contendor around such an excellent leader and player.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
minnesotas owners sucked during the 90s....fu(kers....it makes me mad when u have the best player in the nba and the most u do is trade for two old whiny pee ons and sign kandi..then do absoultely nothing to help him? y do u do this to kg? i think mchale is the 2nd biggest ******* in minny right now...just behind.....MIKE TICE

1 - 20 of 31 Posts