Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Great interview, Nate! :clap:

Hmmmm....as much as Kevin speaks of training camp, preparation, and all that.....one might think he's posturing himself to be our next coach.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't think that thought didn't cross my mind :smilewink

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of funny. Everyone, including Kevin, says he is not interested in coaching, but then he sure does talk like it. It makes one wonder if he is trying to work up his contract. After all, they would have to pay him more to coach if he doesn't really want to do it, but would for the good of the team.

·
Registered
373 Posts
After all, they would have to pay him more to coach if he doesn't really want to do it, but would for the good of the team.
How would a young coach with virtually no experience be good for the team? It's time for someone with a proven track record.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I heard a little of a Pritchard interview a day or so ago and one of the
things he was talking about is finding a coach who fits the style that
they want...run and gun, don't think pritchard is our new coach but
GM that might work..

·
Registered
666 Posts
How many run and gun teams have won a championship in the last 20 years?

Lakers, Pistons,Bulls, Celtics, Spurs and Rockets don't seem like run and gun teams to me.

Teams that never quite get to the promise land like Dallas,Sac,76'rs and Suns seem to be.

Run and gun might not be the smartest direction.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Conventional wisdom says that run and gun teams don't win titles.... but that was before the rules chages this year. It'll be interesting to see how Phoenix does this year.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
YardApe said:
How many run and gun teams have won a championship in the last 20 years?

Lakers, Pistons,Bulls, Celtics, Spurs and Rockets don't seem like run and gun teams to me.

Teams that never quite get to the promise land like Dallas,Sac,76'rs and Suns seem to be.

Run and gun might not be the smartest direction.
Run & Gun usually gets beat in playoffs by Slow & Precise!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I seem to remember the Showtime Lakers being a great running team. How many layups did James Worthy get running the break. Basketball was at it's best in the 80's with Magic. And the Celtics did run and run well because they executed well on both ends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts