Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We've had Looney in our top 10 since the summer. His play in the first four UCLA games suggests he'll be staying there all year. The freshman is averaging 14.8 points, 12 rebounds, 1.5 blocks and 1.3 steals per game. Those rebounding numbers are especially attractive for Looney. But it's just the beginning. He can also handle the ball and stretch the floor. He's not being asked to do that on a regular basis for UCLA, but scouts know he's one of the most versatile players in the draft. He needs to add more toughness to his game, however. If he can keep up the momentum, I think he could be a top-five pick.
-Chad Ford

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Looney's going to be a steal if he drops out of the top ten. His skills will translate smoothly to the pros, and put him in the right situation, and you'll have yourself a perennial fringe All-Star.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Milwaukee kid. Just thought I'd point that out.
Seems like a Jason Kidd type too - at some point Kidd's going to cobble together a lineup that's just five 6'8" athletes. I wouldn't mind the C's taking a swing on him if he falls to 16, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts