Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Schilster Supreme
13,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 2 key game stonight that can affect the Lottery standings pretty solidly.

Game #1
Raptors at Knicks: A Knicks Victory Pulls Portland to within 1.5 games of being the worst team in the NBA and also moves Portland Percentage wise worse than New York. Raptors are one of the weaker teams so a home Knicks victory is by no means out of the question. A loss by Toronto puts Portland 4 games ahead of Toronto in the bad teams race.

Game #2
Orlando at Charlotte: Basically same scenario as above. CHarlotte is the worst team ritght now so Portland would be really close to Most lottery balls.

Go Knicks and Bobcats

· Registered
2,938 Posts
Knicks have too much talent to continue to lose at the same rate as our Blazers. We should finish with worse record than NYK. Charlotte is as bad or worse than we are. They play in the east, however, and so games against Atlanta, Toronto, NY give them opportunities to improve their record.

I'm rooting for our Trail Blazers to "earn" more ping-pong balls!!

Reactions: Anima

· Registered
5,566 Posts
I can't get into hoping the Blazers lose . . . but I guess I can get into hoping the other bad teams win. In the end it is still wishing the Blazers were the worst team in the league, but got to root for something these days I guess.

Go Blazers?

· Registered
2,003 Posts
after we get by the spurs and clips home games, the next 6 at home aren't that bad - kings, jazz, rockets, sonics, nuggets, and warriors. if we fall apart badly enough to lose all of those the diff between the #1 and #4 pick (worst case) won't help us much next season. i would rather see the team win a couple of those for the sake of having some iota of confidence going into the offseason, even if it means charlotte gets the most pp balls.

· Registered
9,649 Posts
Bobcats play the Hawks tonight... Knicks play the Celtics tomorrow.

· Schilster Supreme
13,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crowTrobot said:
after we get by the spurs and clips home games, the next 6 at home aren't that bad - kings, jazz, rockets, sonics, nuggets, and warriors. if we fall apart badly enough to lose all of those the diff between the #1 and #4 pick (worst case) won't help us much next season. i would rather see the team win a couple of those for the sake of having some iota of confidence going into the offseason, even if it means charlotte gets the most pp balls.
I disagree completely...

Denver: 40-31
Kings: 35-35, 8th seed
Utah: 33-37, 2 games out of 8th seed
Golden State: 30-39
Houston: 30-40

All of those teams are withn 5 games of the 8th seed with around 12 games left to play. Teams like Utah and Golden State will be looking at having 2 games against Portland that they have to win. Houston will come in needing every game they can get.

Bottom line, Portland has 6 (SAC, UTH twice, GS twice, HOU) of their remaining 12 games against teams in the race for the 8th spot. Then add in 4 playoff teams (LAC, DEN, LAL, PHO). That leaves the 2 games against Seattle.

Obviously they could win anytime, but to look at anything left and think it might be not so bad....

· Registered
1,399 Posts
RedHot&Rolling said:
Knicks have too much talent to continue to lose at the same rate as our Blazers. We should finish with worse record than NYK. Charlotte is as bad or worse than we are. They play in the east, however, and so games against Atlanta, Toronto, NY give them opportunities to improve their record.

I'm rooting for our Trail Blazers to "earn" more ping-pong balls!!
You'd think the Knicks would win more than us the rest of the way when you look at their roster, but I looked at their remaining schedule. 7 of their remaining 13 are on the road (all 13 games are against Eastern Conference teams) AND, 12 of the 13 are against teams that are either in the playoffs or are still trying to get in (Boston) They get Charlotte one time - other than that it's not an easy schedule. The Blazers have mostly tough match-ups as well, but 7 out of the 12 are at home where they play much better - and this team IS still trying to win (unfortunately)

· Registered
2,938 Posts
Come on NYK - win some games!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

· Registered
5,891 Posts
ping pong balls here we come!

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Schilly said:
I disagree completely...

Denver: 40-31
Kings: 35-35, 8th seed
Utah: 33-37, 2 games out of 8th seed
Golden State: 30-39
Houston: 30-40

All of those teams are withn 5 games of the 8th seed with around 12 games left to play. Teams like Utah and Golden State will be looking at having 2 games against Portland that they have to win. Houston will come in needing every game they can get.

Bottom line, Portland has 6 (SAC, UTH twice, GS twice, HOU) of their remaining 12 games against teams in the race for the 8th spot. Then add in 4 playoff teams (LAC, DEN, LAL, PHO). That leaves the 2 games against Seattle.

Obviously they could win anytime, but to look at anything left and think it might be not so bad....
The Sonics are playing a lot better too. They are 8-4 with Earl Watson. Of course, Nick is out with injury, and Rashard sprained an ankle against Memphis, so who knows....but Chris & Earl have really changed the Supes---they aren't an easy team to beat like they were a month ago.

BTW, if you guys get the #1, who do you want? Thomas or Morrison? or do you want to trade it?

· Registered
9,649 Posts
New York lost last night to Boston. :(

Next up on Friday:
76ers @ Knicks
Bulls @ Charlotte

· Registered
11,166 Posts
BEER&BASKETBALL said:
New York lost last night to Boston. :(

Next up on Friday:
76ers @ Knicks
Bulls @ Charlotte

Hopefully Mo comes through for us with his late game coaching moves.

· Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
RedHot&Rolling said:
Come on NYK - win some games!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:
They not going to win any...those ***** don't have any pride left. Sorry guys we letting you down. :cry:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.