Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If EVERYONE who can come out does come out, then this draft will be deep, particularly among big men...and that includes not just underclassmen but international players. Last year, a lot of international players dropped out...a lot of them big men.

But with Tyus Thomas, Joakim Noah and LaMarcus Aldridge all non-committal and international players like Tiago Splitter uncertain because of buyout concerns, it's no sure thing that this will be a deep draft. And Josh McRoberts said yesterday that he is staying at Duke.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
big furb said:
The more I watch Thomas the more i want him on this team. He is DOMINATING today!!!
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...he's dominating the game today but it's bitter sweet...the more he dominates in these big games the less and less chance we have any shot of getting him. I'll keep dreaming though.

Uh-oh...he pulled a hammy? Or has a VC-esque cramp.

Also Glen Davis has been pretty impressive playing against the lengthy Aldridge.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
MrCharisma said:
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...he's dominating the game today but it's bitter sweet...the more he dominates in these big games the less and less chance we have any shot of getting him. I'll keep dreaming though.

Uh-oh...he pulled a hammy? Or has a VC-esque cramp.

Also Glen Davis has been pretty impressive playing against the lengthy Aldridge.
You gotta love Big Baby. While he's not the pro prospect that Thomas is, he's been just as dominant an inside presence for this LSU team, if not moreso. He's been a beast on the boards and unstoppable in the post

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
Big Baby is unstoppable, unfortunately his height will be a big problem in the pros. But boy does that boy gobble up rebounds. Daniel Gibson is also looking nice, a year ago he was considered a lottery pick but this season he has been a bit disappointing.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
MrCharisma said:
Big Baby is getting it done...maybe he'll get drafted in the mold of Sean May? Big husky guy who somehow gets it done on the inside without playing above the rim.

This is a great game by the way...
Davis makes May look slim, and May was definitely more athletic than him. Still, i'd love to see him make it in the league.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
i love Tyrus Thomas' game.....

he a BEAST on both the offensive and defensive boards.... solid rebounder, explosive player... dosent really have a jumper or a excellent post game, but i belive his offensive post game defenitly can improve....

i would love to get him on the Nets..

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Big Baby is unstoppable, unfortunately his height will be a big problem in the pros. But boy does that boy gobble up rebounds. Daniel Gibson is also looking nice, a year ago he was considered a lottery pick but this season he has been a bit disappointing.

Ike Diogu is a guy of similar mold to Big Baby. Most GMs in the league think Diogu will be alright, I think Big Baby will be looked at like that. The kid seems to have a lot of heart and fire, and a good character.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Boone IS ENOUGH to make this team better and can allow us to compete....

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Everybody is settling for role players when the star would be best. No doubt one will fall. Are you smart enough to recognize him?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
NetIncome said:
If EVERYONE who can come out does come out, then this draft will be deep, particularly among big men...and that includes not just underclassmen but international players. Last year, a lot of international players dropped out...a lot of them big men.

But with Tyus Thomas, Joakim Noah and LaMarcus Aldridge all non-committal and international players like Tiago Splitter uncertain because of buyout concerns, it's no sure thing that this will be a deep draft. And Josh McRoberts said yesterday that he is staying at Duke.
That's the way I see it too. If we assume that people act rationally, then these potential first-rounders should recognize that they have a better chance of getting a guarranteed contract (and maybe into the lottery) if they come out this year than wait a year or two (because this draft is currently projected to be "weak") . . so, in the end, the talent level of this draft and next year's draft should equalize.

Of course, who ever said that people act rationally?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
NetIncome said:
He plays defense, gets the boards and would be mentored by Uncle Cliffy, Connecticut, class of 1989.
I like Boone, also, and he's the sort of player who will fall in the draft: an older player whose stats have not improved over the past few years, so there may be an impression that he's not an elite prospect. I think he's the real deal. Not only does he get rebounds, but he's very active defensively and seems to have quick feet for someone his size. He's just always been in a confining system, and has never been one of the top offensive options. If I remember, Okafur didn't have great college stats, and look what happened to him.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Dumpy said:
I like Boone, also, and he's the sort of player who will fall in the draft: an older player whose stats have not improved over the past few years, so there may be an impression that he's not an elite prospect. I think he's the real deal. Not only does he get rebounds, but he's very active defensively and seems to have quick feet for someone his size. He's just always been in a confining system, and has never been one of the top offensive options. If I remember, Okafur didn't have great college stats, and look what happened to him.

I believe Okafor was the college player of the year or one of the top candidates for it, he was an all american as well. I do see what your saying though. Uconn has NBA talent every year and Boone is another guy on their team, if he had gone to another big east school it probably would have been different.

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
Joakim Noah is another player high on my list. He reminds me of a taller, stronger, better shot-blocking Anderson Varejao. (maybe it's the hair) Joakim's an excellent rebounder, shotblocker, and passer, and he plays with RJ-like passion. He's also a spectactular open court player.

Unfortunately, he's another player the Nets would have to make a move to get. (But, with two firsts, that's a definite possibility)

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
7M3 said:
Joakim Noah is another player high on my list. He reminds me of a taller, stronger, better shot-blocking Anderson Varejao. (maybe it's the hair) Joakim's an excellent rebounder, shotblocker, and passer, and he plays with RJ-like passion. He's also a spectactular open court player.

Unfortunately, he's another player the Nets would have to make a move to get. (But, with two firsts, that's a definite possibility)
No way they move that high with two picks in the 20s.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.