Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KG stats:
04-05 season: 22 pts, 13.5 rebs
05-06 season: 20 pts, 10 rebs (plays more minutes)

He is not top 20 in scoring. His team may not make the P again.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
stop posting stats from only 1 and a half week worth of games. jeez. they dont tell the whole story.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Ballscientist said:
KG stats:
04-05 season: 22 pts, 13.5 rebs
05-06 season: 20 pts, 10 rebs (plays more minutes)

He is not top 20 in scoring. His team may not make the P again.
I think its still too early to tell. Maybe these stats will change after several games. Its definitely hard to say he's past his prime. He still is a great player with a lot of talent.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
StephenJackson said:
It's 6 games into the season.......nevermind.
very good point. :biggrin: :clap:

Reactions: StephenJackson

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
How many games into season do you have to wait before you can make an observation about a player or team?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nope. But KG does look like a player ready to have a justifiable case for asking for a midseason trade. He seems to be, I hate to use the term cause he's got too much pride to actually do it to the fullest extent but here goes...he looks like a player "tanking it". Sure, he's still giving more effort than most players do, but not the KG-level of effort. Looks almost as if he's doing just enough to look himself in the mirror while still making the team less than they actually are.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'm not trying to say KG is "tanking" per se. Nothing on the levels of a Vince Carter in Toronto or anything like that. Just not giving his normal effort.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
MemphisX said:
How many games into season do you have to wait before you can make an observation about a player or team?
I'd say 50 but maybe more. After 24 games last season Detroit was .500 and Cleveland was winning the Central. I doubt we could have made any judgements at that time that would have been correct at the end of the year or during the playoffs.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
kamego said:
I'd say 50 but maybe more. After 24 games last season Detroit was .500 and Cleveland was winning the Central. I doubt we could have made any judgements at that time that would have been correct at the end of the year or during the playoffs.
Yes, good point. :yes:

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
MemphisX said:
i don't think you need to wait any amount of games as long as you aren't making broad generalizations based on the small sample.

it's fine to point out that kg isn't playing as well so far this year or that the bucks are playing really well or something along those lines, while it's dumb to claim that garnett is passed his prime or that the rockets are terrible based on the few games that have been played so far.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
MemphisX said:

It's one thing to make observations, but to say that KG is past his prime because it is 6 games into the season and he is putting up 20/10? Yikes.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
yes. he's too old. ought to retire and go enjoy life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.