·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wolves update: Blocks, boards Griffin's forte

Steve Aschburner, Star Tribune
Last update: November 28, 2005 at 6:41 AM

KG on King James

Garnett, a pioneer among the high schoolers to hit the NBA over the past decade, is a booster of James, the most famous of them.

"If you have a ticket to see LeBron play, it's like a present," Garnett said. "I hope the city of Cleveland totally understands what they get to see night in and night out. It's like the Beatles right now, y'know?"
It’s cool that Kevin said that.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I question whether the city of cleveland has become complacent about what they've got. The Q always seems so quiet on TV. If they got loud and rowdy, Lebron would play better. He feeds off that, like most players do, especially young ones.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The crowd was definitely louder in the old building (The Richfield Coliseum). You're right about the crowd but one thing I wonder about is the ticket prices. Several guys I know wonder why you could go to several Indians games for about the price of one Cavalier game. Some fans who went to Cavs games in the past aren't at the Gund/Q anymore. It's sad really because those were some of the loudest fans of the bunch too, now no longer there.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I agree the upper deck seats arent very much better than being at home and they are overpriced. I would love to go to more games but the funds just arent there. The crowd does need to get louder. In the home games they only get loud when we go on a big run. I think this is because Cleveland fans do not know how to cheer. I was at one of the very last Indians game verses the White Sox. We really needed this win to possibly make the playoffs. The Tribe was down one or two and the lead off guy would get on base. So naturally as a huge baseball and Indians fan I get on my feet and started clapping and cheering my team on. However the other fans around be just looked at me like I was an idiot. I couldnt believe what I saw. This was one of the biggest games of the year and they wanted to just watch it. If you want to watch a game stay at home and sit in front of your tv. But, if you want to experience a game and cheer for your team then attend the game and get loud.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Great post. There is a very laid back nature to fans and Gilbert has tried to send a jolt to wake people up and shake things up (the new announcer, pregame introductions, lighting, music, and so forth). While some fans have complained (especially about the announcer), I can't fault Gilbert for trying to change the status quo. LeBron loves it when the crowd gets hype. He probably wishes the crowd would scream more because he feeds off crowd energy as well as anybody I've ever seen.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
Yeah I agree 100%, our crowd needs to pick it up. Lebron REALLY feeds off the crowd, remember in the 1st game when he got hot from deep and the entire building just went into a frenzy? We need alot more of that cause he often times will just go off.

Really when you think about it, our crowd generally sits on their hands unless Lebron does something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts