1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Nash
2. Iverson
3. Kidd

He's an unbelievable passer, seemingly with eyes in the back of his head. He’s also a great defender and rebounder, a hard-nosed competitor and fiery team leader. What more can be said about this seven-time All-Star? Oh yeah, how about the fact that he’s not a great outside shooter, but always seems to hit the clutch bucket when his Nets need it? Age (32) and knee surgery have slowed him a bit, but he’s still a force at both ends.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...22/gallery.toppointguardsfinal/content.8.html

Reactions:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
justasking? said:
1. Nash
2. Iverson
3. Kidd

He's an unbelievable passer, seemingly with eyes in the back of his head. He’s also a great defender and rebounder, a hard-nosed competitor and fiery team leader. What more can be said about this seven-time All-Star? Oh yeah, how about the fact that he’s not a great outside shooter, but always seems to hit the clutch bucket when his Nets need it? Age (32) and knee surgery have slowed him a bit, but he’s still a force at both ends.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...22/gallery.toppointguardsfinal/content.8.html
sorry, AI doesn't scream PG to me....

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
1a) Kidd
1b) Allen Iverson
2) Nash

-Petey

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
theKidd-5 said:
tell me... how can a point guard average 30+ points..?
Oscar Robertons did for 6 seasons in his career.

Reactions: and Petey

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Kidd isn't really a cluth shooter or scorer. There were plenty of games last year where Kidd took potentially game winning shots and missed. He is a cluth playmaker.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i'm not complaining about his ranking, especially with the way he's been playing recently. yeah, we see how good he can be for a quarter or a half of the games, but overall, he looks very rusty. i'me even surprised to see him in the third spot.

but if he starts being the jason kidd again, i want him to slug it out for the top spot with steve nash.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Kidd do what "Nash has done for Suns" for NETS years ago? Put kidd in a running team and see results (yeah even at 32). Also how many Triple doubles does Nash and AI have? I think triple double is an important category since it shows all around playing game.

Reactions:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Rebounding is an important talent for a PG, especially for a PG without a dominant rebounder.

Shooting ability and the ability to penetrate (and dish) are also important talents for a PG, and Nash has those abilities while Kidd doesn't.

Kidd is the better defender, but is by no means a great defender any longer.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
jizzy said:
Kidd isn't really a cluth shooter or scorer. There were plenty of games last year where Kidd took potentially game winning shots and missed. He is a cluth playmaker.
I really, really think you should get a better understanding of the game before you post here. Almost every post is wrong, particularly this one.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
willbkid4ever said:
i'm not complaining about his ranking, especially with the way he's been playing recently. yeah, we see how good he can be for a quarter or a half of the games, but overall, he looks very rusty. i'me even surprised to see him in the third spot.

but if he starts being the jason kidd again, i want him to slug it out for the top spot with steve nash.
You will never see it again IMO. Thorn has taken away K-Mart and kittles around him (running machines) He may have problems getting assists. He will remain my fav. player until he retires but team must run if we want him to be exact kidd.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Noodfan said:
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Kidd do what "Nash has done for Suns" for NETS years ago? Put kidd in a running team and see results (yeah even at 32). Also how many Triple doubles does Nash and AI have? I think triple double is an important category since it shows all around playing game.
There is also this belief that Nash is so much younger than Kidd. Maybe it's the hair. Kidd, drafted in 1995, turns 33 in March. Nash, drafted in 1996, turns 32 in February. So the difference in age is 11 months. And Kidd has taken the worst franchise in sports to the NBA finals twice. Nash has taken the Suns to the Western Conference finals once.

As for Kidd not being a great defender anymore, that is of course bull****. His defense helped the Nets make the playoffs last year and in spite of missing 16 games was named to the all-Defensive team [second team] by NBA coaches. I will take the NBA coaches' opinions over those on this board.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Noodfan said:
You will never see it again IMO. Thorn has taken away K-Mart and kittles around him (running machines) He may have problems getting assists. He will remain my fav. player until he retires but team must run if we want him to be exact kidd.
Both brilliant moves. KMart will not be running that much with his knee and Kittles isn't running at all. The Nets now have Vince Carter, Cliff Robinson and Marc Jackson instead.

All this misty-eyed nostaglia for KMart and Kittles ignores the reality that both are, in essence, done.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I must spread some rep to give you again sorry :biggrin:
You read my mind. If last years team was exactly the same as 2003-2004. He could still be a contender for MVP. I don't even talk about injury. For those people who forgets what he can do if you give correct players around him I say they don't have any respect left for Kidd.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
NetIncome said:
Both brilliant moves. KMart will not be running that much with his knee and Kittles isn't running at all. The Nets now have Vince Carter, Cliff Robinson and Marc Jackson instead.

All this misty-eyed nostaglia for KMart and Kittles ignores the reality that both are, in essence, done.
Unfortunetly you are correct. Thorn is something like fortuneteller. But I only wish we could still run. Not for highlights but kidd would shine at this kind of games. But it was back than. And thorn saw this very well. Team needed a change, but I only wish newcomers don't doubt about kidd.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NI, you may have faith in the NBA coaches belief that Kidd is 2nd Team NBA All-Defense. That is your perogative. After all, NBA coaches have nothing but time on their hands to review tapes, or pay close attention to Kidd's defensive efforts when they should be coaching their own team.

I'll believe my eyes, and make the bold proclamation that I do not consider Jason Kidd to be an All-Defensive NBA Team calibre player.

That is my perogative.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Mr.Montross said:
NI, you may have faith in the NBA coaches belief that Kidd is 2nd Team NBA All-Defense. That is your perogative. After all, NBA coaches have nothing but time on their hands to review tapes, or pay close attention to Kidd's defensive efforts when they should be coaching their own team.

I'll believe my eyes, and make the bold proclamation that I do not consider Jason Kidd to be an All-Defensive NBA Team calibre player.

That is my perogative.
I agree in general. However when he wants to, and when the game's on the line Kidd can play excellent defense for short periods of time. He may not always be in front of his man, but when the decisive moment comes, if it does, Kidd is a difference maker on the defensive end as well. He doesn't always play with a chip on his shoulders, but when he does, he can still dominate games on both ends. From time to time, he does need extra motivation (or challenge) to play at the top of his game. See his play just before and after Scott was fired, and there were doubts that he was not perfoming to the best of his ability and then he put of a great show. The 2001-02 Kidd also had a lot to prove to the world, and he did. It is about time he does so again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts