Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
I doubt the spurs would be able to get Kidd. if that were to happen, it would be my worst nightmare, but its would make for some good Laker/Spur matchups!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Even if Kidd bolted next summer, he might do Nets a favor since the organization has helped him so much. There might be a sign-and-trade scenario involving Tony Parker as part of the deal that will bring Kidd to Spurs. If this happen, both teams will be the beneficiaries (don't know how to spell :)).

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
I don't see Kidd ever leaving the NY area for a small market team, unless he really, really thought his presence on, say a San Antonio, was going to get him a ring. I don't know that Kidd would bank on that with the Spurs. Spurs are still pretty good, but getting past Lakers and Kings, amongst other contenders is still a bad bet, IMO.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, it IS true San Antonio will have the space to offer Kidd a max contract but I don't think they'll go that route. If I'm the Spurs GM, I would be offering contracts to the big guys like Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal or Olowokandi.

And even if it does look like Kidd will leave, I really don't think Thorn will let him walk for nothing. Thorn is one of the best GMs in the business, and wouldn't let a superstar leave his team while getting nothing in return.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I don't think Kidd is going anywhere.

-Petey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts