Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And so now we come to Jason Kidd. Look for Kidd to start demanding his way out of New Jersey. He has done everything but that for most of the season with his tepid support for the Nets. This from a guy who had the chance to go to the Spurs but rejected it when the Nets came up with more than $100 million through 2008-09. Of course, the Nets had to take on Alonzo Mourning for $22 million without a physical at Kidd's urging. Mourning complained his way out of New Jersey and is with Miami and a chance for a championship this season.

As for Kidd, the Nets might like to accommodate him as well. One interesting scenario involves the Lakers. With the Lakers about to be eliminated from the playoffs for the first time since 1994 this week, they need someone to get the ball out of Kobe Bryant's hands. Only an All-Star will do. They talked patience and free agents after trading Shaquille O'Neal last summer, but that should disappear after a losing season and Bryant impatient for the club to improve. Lamar Odom never fit with Bryant because he defers too much and needs the ball in his hands more. He might work with New Jersey's Carter and Richard Jefferson, is from the East and fared best when he was with Miami last season, and is younger and cheaper.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...n?coll=cs-basketball-print&ctrack=2&cset=true

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Until I see Kidd saying "I want to be traded", I'm not really going to listen to it. A lot of what he says sometimes is vague and the media twists and turns it til it sounds like something that its not really meant to.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
From Kidd's point of view:

Kobe > VC
Kobe > RJ
Kobe > VC+RJ? - I don't think so.

And if Odom comes over to NJ, they would be left with only Chris Mihm and Brian Cook.

Financially, I don't even know if that would work, I'll leave it up to the experts here to figure that one out.

My main point is, I don't know anyone who would think that Kobe is better than VC and RJ combined, no matter how lazy VC gets...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
Until I see Kidd saying "I want to be traded", I'm not really going to listen to it. A lot of what he says sometimes is vague and the media twists and turns it til it sounds like something that its not really meant to.

He is vague on purpose so he won't look like he's contradicting himself when he demands a trade later.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Ah Odom? No thinks, I'd want KG, or Bibby.

-Petey

·
Registered
668 Posts
PLEASE don't worry about it KingofNewark. The Chicago Tribune has NO clue what is going on in NJ. None. They just write whatever is on their lazy minds. I think the rest of the NBA is just assuming that the Nets stink, and as long as they keep thinking that, they are going to assume that Kidd will demand out to go play with guys like Kobe (yeah, right. Kidd would much rather stay here.) So PLEASE do not worry about what the media stays. I know you will anyway, but oh well.

The lazy national media had been saying ALL FREAKING YEAR that Kidd was a definitely goner before the trade deadline, but as usual, they were wrong. But, I guess they have to write about something, so they might as well make something up.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I know there have been threads about this before, but Kidd for Garnett would be great for NJ...

I doubt Minnesota would do that but we can dream right?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
furnace said:
I know there have been threads about this before, but Kidd for Garnett would be great for NJ...

I doubt Minnesota would do that but we can dream right?
Dream, dream away, my friend.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
kiddisanet said:
PLEASE don't worry about it KingofNewark. The Chicago Tribune has NO clue what is going on in NJ. None. They just write whatever is on their lazy minds. I think the rest of the NBA is just assuming that the Nets stink, and as long as they keep thinking that, they are going to assume that Kidd will demand out to go play with guys like Kobe (yeah, right. Kidd would much rather stay here.) So PLEASE do not worry about what the media stays. I know you will anyway, but oh well.
preach.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mourning and Baron Davis talked their way out of teams they didn't want to be on. Kidd is telling management that if they don't do what he wants, he'll do what he needs to in order to force their hand.

I think Nets trade Kidd this summer. With the right trade, we'll be back in the Finals without Kidd. While he was essential in the past, this team is far better than the one Kidd first inherited. Carter, RJ and Krstic form a great and relatively young core. If a Kidd trade returns an AllStar PF plus a couple of good bench palyers, I'm all for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts